The simFlight Network Forums

Transfer joysticks config to new pc

Hi all 

Please  any help on this one ,I am moving up to a new pc ready for a new sim ,at present I am still running fs2004 I have moved it to my windows 10 machine for now and the sim is running very well but I need to move my fsuipc ini file to that pc ,my Understanding from the user guide and was followed to my best ,

so  this is what I have done on the old pc I changed the Fsuipc .ini file in Joy names section from no to yes then run sim on old pc then closed sim and copied  the fsuipc INI.file to modules on new pc then run sim on new pc but must of completely miss understood as my switches and yokes etc do not work .I have saved all the old configs before I attempted this so please can anyone tell me step by step the correct way to do this ?  So I can start again 

Kind Regards mick

1 hour ago, mick4658 said:

I changed the Fsuipc .ini file in Joy names section from no to yes

Changed what? The AutoAssignLetters ini parameter? 

1 hour ago, mick4658 said:

but must of completely miss understood as my switches and yokes etc do not work .I have saved all the old configs before I attempted this so please can anyone tell me step by step the correct way to do this ? 

If you are using the JoyLetters facility (which is the first step), then you still need to make some manual changes to the FSUIPC.ini on the new machine as your GUIDs will have changed. If you are using JoyLetters, attach the ini from your new PC and I can see what changes are needed. Of nor, go back to the old PC and enable JoyLetters dirst, then copy that to your new PC, run FSUIPC once then exit, then show me the ini file.

John

2 minutes ago, mick4658 said:

when you say run fsuipc do you mean run the sim and open fsuipc or just run sim?

Just run the sim...

Log file looks ok, although I am not familiar with FSUIPC3/FS2004. There is no logging of your devices, but maybe that wasn't implemented in FSUIPC3...
What exactly is your issue? You say that your switches don't work? The aircraft that you loaded (B737-800 Ryanair  - Winglets) should be covered by your Boing 737 profile.
Do you see the assignments to the buttons in the button assignment panel (profile specific)? Also try logging button presses and events, and see what is logged when you press an assigned button (and attach here).

1 minute ago, mick4658 said:

if it helps I can sendyou the INI and log from old pc first then  INI and log from new pc

Maybe the log from the old PC would help me, as there' seems to be a lot missing from the new one you attached, but that maybe because the additional logging was added later (and I am not familiar with FSUIPC3).

Also, please remember that FSUIPC3 is no longer supported (and hasn't been for several years now), although I will try to help you...

John

14 hours ago, mick4658 said:

Yes I I see the buttons but they do not flick the switch on the prosim  panel  

So you are using ProSim....you could have mentioned this earlier, and it is always a good idea to include ProSim in the title as this may attract other ProSim users that can help.

To me it looks like FSUIPC is working as expected, although I cannot confirm as you have still not activated button and event logging, which would tell you if FSUIPC is sending the assigned events. So I suspect your issue is with your ProSim configuration.

As you are using both an unsupported version of FSUIPC and ProSim, I really can't help you with this any further, sorry.

John

Hi John ,

so sorry I was not clear on using prosim but I am also using the prosim cfg xml from old pc  so should talk to fsuipc,

thanks for all your help on this the software and support is fantastic ,

I shall fiddle about this weekend to see if I can get it working 

kind Regards Mick