The simFlight Network Forums

Engine Control Axes Reversed

Having rebuilt my simulator I am trying to set up my engine control axes - PTM for the Beech Baron D55

I disabled Controls in my P3Dv5.2 and opened FSUIPC Options and Settings.

In the "Axis Assignment" tab I have "Set Minimum Change" as directed, then clicked the radio button to "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration" and selected "PropPitch1" for my lever. 

Click OK

Then when I look in P3D the correct lever moves but in the wrong direction.

Is there a checkbox somewhere to reverse controls?

Regards

David

7 hours ago, David Wilkinson said:

Is there a checkbox somewhere to reverse controls

Yes, in the calibration tab. If you assign an axis with 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration' then you must also calibrate the axis. Here you set the axis min/max ranges, any null zones (if applicable) and can also reverse. 

John

Thanks John.

FSUIPC6.jpg.946f725f6c463001a3b797ba4a34d7d8.jpg    This is a screen snip of my GUI. As you can see (I hope - since it's pretty diminutive) I have selected "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration"  and I am expecting to calibrate the axes  and set max and mun values, along with reverse as you say. 

However, I do not see a "Calibration" tab anywhere.

Can you explain how I can access that?

On 3/13/2022 at 10:27 PM, John Dowson said:

It is certainly there - "Joystick Calibration", to the right of "Axis Assignment".

Please see the documentation - start with the User Guide.

John

Hi John.  "Joystick Calibration" certainly is there exactly as you say.  Had anyone else used the title of the tab correctly earlier on in the conversation I would have been straight to it first off.