The simFlight Network Forums

Installation of add-ons.

nrholland

I am new at Microsoft flight simulator 2020. I am trying to figure out how I can put airplanes scenery and airports in the sim. I downloaded it off my computer. I was under the impression that it was the PC version I got. Could it be that I got the Xbox version. Could somebody help me to understand what to do.

Hi @nrholland, This has been answered in the other thread about the community folder, but here it is again anyways in case you missed it.

If MSFS is installed to the default location, our installer will install the scenery automatically. The default location will be: 
C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

If the game is installed to a custom location, our installer will not point to this automatically. You will need to find where you installed the game and choose the Community folder manually from the installer window. Any addons, freeware or payware, will all go into the Community folder.