The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Crashes

JulianGeorge

FSUIPC7 v7.3.2 (and older versions too) Crashes many times during an MSFS 2020 v1.24.5.0 flight, taking Self Loading Cargo with it. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way around this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I should like to add that I am using FSUIPC7 for many years, but this problem appeared after a certain update of MSFS (I do not remember which....)

Thank you in advance

Julian George  

Edited by JulianGeorge
Add more text

Is it FSUIPC7 that is crashing, or MSFS? If MSFS crashes, FSUIPC7 will exit. Please check your FSUIPC7.log file (you can post it here) to determine if it is exiting or crashing. Also, check the windows event viewer, there should be crash events there - if they are for MSFS you need to report to Asobo/MSFS. If there are crash events for FSUIPC7, then post them here.

Note there is also an issue with FSUIPC7 when running on Windows 11, where it thinks MSFS has exited and so closes, but MSFS is still running. If this is your issue, check the README.txt (in the FSUIPC7 zip file you downloaded) which will tell you how to resolve this particular issue.

John

Thank you John!

I'll follow your instructions and I 'll report back here.....

It seems that this one "Note there is also an issue with FSUIPC7 when running on Windows 11, where it thinks MSFS has exited and so closes, but MSFS is still running." is the problem. 

Have a nice day! 

On 3/27/2022 at 9:19 PM, John Dowson said:

Note there is also an issue with FSUIPC7 when running on Windows 11, where it thinks MSFS has exited and so closes, but MSFS is still running. If this is your issue, check the README.txt (in the FSYUPC7 zip file you downloaded) which will tell you how to resolve this particukar issue.

I have exactly the same issue which started only after WU8, I never had that in one year. I run W11 and would like to have access to the ReadMe file supposed to be located in my FSUIPC folder but cannot find it (I have the latest version of FSUIPC released in March). I do have plenty of documentation such as the manuals but no ReadMe file. Would you care to please confirm the exact name and location of that ReadMe so that I may resolve this issue.

Additionally, on at least one occasion, I started MSFS but FSUIPC was not started automatically, I had to do it manually from the exe file.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

would like to have access to the ReadMe file supposed to be located in my FSUIPC folder but cannot find it (I have the latest version of FSUIPC released in March).

The README.txt file is in the zip file you downloaded. It is not installed into your FSUIPC documents folder.

4 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

I have exactly the same issue which started only after WU8, I never had that in one year. I run W11 and would like to have access to the ReadMe file supposed to be located in my FSUIPC folder but cannot find it (I have the latest version of FSUIPC released in March). I do have plenty of documentation such as the manuals but no ReadMe file. Would you care to please confirm the exact name and location of that ReadMe so that I may resolve this issue.

Additionally, on at least one occasion, I started MSFS but FSUIPC was not started automatically, I had to do it manually from the exe file.

Thank you.

John Dowson has given the solution (which worked for me): "Note there is also an issue with FSUIPC7 when running on Windows 11, where it thinks MSFS has exited and so closes, but MSFS is still running. If this is your issue, check the README.txt (in the FSYUPC7 zip file you downloaded) which will tell you how to resolve this particular issue."

•  
Edited by JulianGeorge

On 3/27/2022 at 10:19 PM, John Dowson said:

Is it FSUIPC7 that is crashing, or MSFS? If MSFS crashes, FSUIPC7 will exit. Please check your GSUIPC7.log file (you can post it here) to determine if it is exiting or crashing. Also, check the windows event viewer, there should be crash events there - if they are for MSFSm you need to report to Asobo/MSFS. If there are crash events for FSUIPC7, then post them here.

Note there is also an issue with FSUIPC7 when running on Windows 11, where it thinks MSFS has exited and so closes, but MSFS is still running. If this is your issue, check the README.txt (in the FSYUPC7 zip file you downloaded) which will tell you how to resolve this particukar issue.

John

Edited by JulianGeorge

Is it FSUIPC7 that is crashing, or MSFS? If MSFS crashes, FSUIPC7 will exit. Please check your GSUIPC7.log file (you can post it here) to determine if it is exiting or crashing. Also, check the windows event viewer, there should be crash events there - if they are for MSFSm you need to report to Asobo/MSFS. If there are crash events for FSUIPC7, then post them here.

John

John

Thank you John! The  second solution worked for me.....

Julian George

John

Thank you John! The  second solution worked for me.....

Julian George

23 hours ago, AlexXx88 said:

FSUIPC7 crash with sim update 9 beta,

Please don't report any issues with MSFS beta releases - they will be ignored. I have enough trouble keeping up with the official releases...

This is also a known issue with the current beta and should be reported in the Asobo forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/spad-next-and-fsuipc-7-seem-to-be-causing-ctds/508349

John

Later: also see this thread about CTDs with the latest beta, which also contains a work-around: 

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

1 hour ago, JulianGeorge said:

C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.ini (file--open it with notepad) 

add: "DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum" (no quotes)

This is for a different issue and is not related to the CTDs with the latest MSFS SU9 beta (which I don't have). See my previous comment.
John