The simFlight Network Forums

FS Contro Input is now broken...(FSUIPC3)

I had assigned a couple keys to rotate the compass (HSI) to correct for wind drift.  This has been working well, until lately, I think a potential culprit is RXP and the problems I have been having with their new software.  However even when I completely uninstalled and removed it I did not get the compass functionality back.  I tried changing the keys but that had no success either.

The log file is attached, INDUCTOR_COMPASS_REF_INC/DEC (66577/66578).  I'm not sure if something is broken in FS, as it seems these are seen by fsuipc correctly and passed through.  Is there some way I can troubleshoot or fix this?

Do I need to completely reinstall fs or can I just replace a couple files?

Thank you for your time.

FSUIPC.log

• John Dowson changed the title to FS Contro Input is now broken...(FSUIPC3)

You have posted a continuation log. Please always post a complete log when requesting support - I need to see the full log.

However, the log you posted does show the controls being sent as assigned, so it seems that FSUIPC3 is working as expected. 

11 hours ago, Iceking007 said:

This has been working well, until lately, I think a potential culprit is RXP and the problems I have been having with their new software.  However even when I completely uninstalled and removed it I did not get the compass functionality back.  I tried changing the keys but that had no success either.

What aircraft are you using? A full log file would have told me this! Have you tried with other aircraft (i.e. does this affect all aircraft)?
If its all aircraft, you should try re-installing the FS. If it is only affecting a particular add-on, try re-installing that add-on.

11 hours ago, Iceking007 said:

Do I need to completely reinstall fs or can I just replace a couple files?

I have no idea, sorry. I cannot advise with such an old FS (FS2004 or MSFS 9.1) as I have never used them. Please be aware that FSUIPC3 is also no longer supported, although I will try to help if I can...

John

doh!

I'm so sorry John, I'm such an idiot!  The control I was looking for was the Gyro drift; I must have had the wrong control numbers in a backup. ini file that I used.  It's working properly now. 

Do you know if there's a way to export "keypresses" from fsuipc to my Swift VATSIM client.  I want to control Swift 'hotkeys' with cockpit hardware.  Fsuipc can see this hardware but Swift doesn't. 

I understand I'm outdated, I appreciate all the assistance you've offered.  It has helped immensely. 

14 hours ago, Iceking007 said:

I want to control Swift 'hotkeys' with cockpit hardware.

If they are truly "Hot keys" (i.e. the application recognises the key press regardless of focus), then you should be able to assign your hardware/button to just send the required (hot) key. Even though this goes to the FS, it should be recognised as a hot key by the application.

Otherwise, there is no facility in FSUIPC to send a key press to a specific application. However, this functionality is provided by WideFS/WideClient. So you could try installing WideFS6 (which is also free) and use WideClient on the same computer as your Swift VATSIM client (which can be on the same computer as the FS). Check the WideFS/WideClient documentation on how to do this.

John