The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC In/Out Different in Joystick Calibration

TheAlphaFlyer

Hi,

I recently purchased FSUIPC7 for the axes assignments. I assigned my 2 throttle axis to throttle 1 & 2 respectively. Then, under joystick calibration, I selected "No reverse Zone" and calibrated the throttle. 

The data shown in In and data shown in Out box are different. In fact, the "out" only decreased to "0" when the physical throttle was at -16334, total idle. This resulted in my aircraft in MSFS idling at 58% instead of the 20%+. In the axis assignment tab, I have selected send to fsuipc for calibration and the numbers on there show as normal. Any idea how to fix this? Impossible to taxi around with engines running at such high power.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by TheAlphaFlyer

I cannot tell what is happening from those screenshots... Could you show me (attach) your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files. For the log, please enable logging for axis controls, load your aircraft and move your throttle axis/axes through their full range (forward then back) and then exit (do not start a new log file!). If the log file is too large to attach, you can zip/compress it.

John

There are no throttle controls logged in the attached log - its mainly left/right brake and prop pitch1 (ex1). I see you are also using the Just Flight 146. This may not be using the standard throttle controls? If its using the Ex1 throttle controls, you can assign to these by selecting 'Send to FS as normal axis',

Try moving the throttle in the UI to see what throttle controls it is using (i.e. what control is logged) and switch to using those - you should do this in a specific profile for that aircraft.

The assignments and calibration look ok. If you want check these, try switching to another aircraft first and test them with one that definitely uses these throttle controls, such as the Baron G58.

John

8 hours ago, TheAlphaFlyer said:

Seems like it only happens with the 146. Very weird.

Try moving the throttle in the UI to see what throttle controls it is using - activate logging for axis controls (in FSUIPC) and open the logging console, and see what, if anything, is logged when you move the throttle. Also, check to see if there is any type of throttle configuration necessary for the aircraft (in the aircraft documentation) - some MSFS aircraft require this (e.g. the FBW A320). Otherwise, try asking on Just Flight support or check their forums.

John

Will try. Another thing is the exe.xml. Somehow it starts everything except fsuipc7. Any idea why? Here is my exe.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>EXE.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Name>FSUIPC7</Name><Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path><CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine><NewConsole>False</NewConsole></Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon><Name>FS2Crew Command Center</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center\FS2CrewCommandCenter.exe</Path><CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine></Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon><Name>Aerosoft VDGS Driver</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>D:\MSFS\Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver\aerosoft-vdgs-driver.exe</Path></Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon><Name>Volanta</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>C:\Users\bryan\AppData\Local\Programs\Volanta\Volanta.exe</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

2 hours ago, TheAlphaFlyer said:

Another thing is the exe.xml. Somehow it starts everything except fsuipc7. Any idea why? Here is my exe.xml

No, sorry - the EXE.xml looks ok. A few people seem to be having this issue. Check that FSUIPC7.exe is not set to run as an administrator, and maybe check the permissions on the file and folder. If you cannot get the EXE.xml to start FSUIPC7, you can switch to the older method of starting FSUIPC7 via the MSFS.bat file (used by the MSFS icon that FSUIPC7 installs on your desktop). See the following posts:

John