The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick twist as rudder config

Hey there,

I am trying to set up my Saitek X52 HOTAS system with FSUIPC6 on P3D v4.5.

Here is my problem. (had that problem before)

I want to assign the twist as rudder but it only gives me 2 values: either 16383 or -16383. Center is 16383 so it is basically stuck on one side. There is no way to center the rudder when not twisting. Can anyone help here? Thanks in advance.

17 hours ago, FloS said:

I want to assign the twist as rudder but it only gives me 2 values: either 16383 or -16383. Center is 16383 so it is basically stuck on one side. There is no way to center the rudder when not twisting. Can anyone help here? Thanks in advance.

This sounds like the axis has been registered as a digital on/off axis, although I would have expected to see 0 (not -16383) and 16383. Check this  post if this is the issue:

Otherwise, check and try calibrating in the windows game controls configuration, and see what values/movement you see there.

John

As the instructions say, only delete the folders that match the VID and PID for the device you are trying to correct.
Also, I would strongly advise taking a back-up of your registry before making any changes.

Also, make sure that you have not installed any saitek drivers or software. If so, uninstall those and let windows install the default drivers.

John