The simFlight Network Forums

splash screen turnoff?

dave g

Hey Guys.  I use the FSUIPC generated shortcut to start msfs.  Is it possible to have it set so the splash screen doesn't always try to "Stay on top" of my other windows or just turn off the splashscreen?

• 11 months later...
14 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

I'd also love to see a way to disable the splash screen.  Starting MSFS using the MSFS icon (rather than FSUIPC7) or start menu entry still brings up the screen for me.

As I said in my previous post, if you don't want to see the splash screen, don't use or even install the desktop icon, by deselecting the checkbox on the end of the installation process. All the desktop icon does is start MSFS and display the splash screen for 30 seconds or so while MSFS is starting.

FSUIPC7 does nothing with start menu's, so if that is bringing up a splash screen then something else is doing that. You can easily create a desktop shortcut to just start MSFS if that is what you want to do.

7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

As I said in my previous post, if you don't want to see the splash screen, don't use or even install the desktop icon, by deselecting the checkbox on the end of the installation process. All the desktop icon does is start MSFS and display the splash screen for 30 seconds or so while MSFS is starting.

FSUIPC7 does nothing with start menu's, so if that is bringing up a splash screen then something else is doing that. You can easily create a desktop shortcut to just start MSFS if that is what you want to do.

Unfortunately, that does not work.  I deselected the checkbox at the end of the install process and still get a splash screen using simply the MSFS desktop icon.

1YAPHcF.png

yUCssiA.png

Any chance you have any other suggestions?

Edited by CaptKornDog

Ok, that is the FSUIPC7 splash-screen. That is always displayed when FSUIPC7 is started, so that you know its running, as it starts and sits in your system tray. You cannot turn this off at the moment, but I guess I could add an option to do this. But I don't see why this is an issue, and if disabled, there would be no indication that FSUIPC7 had been started.

If this really is an issue for you, I can add an ini file option (in a future release) for this to be disabled.