The simFlight Network Forums

event file for fenix a320 autpilot/ rotaries or other soultion

sehadi

Hi jhon,

i appreciate you helped me in the past with the key binding with fbw a320 now i need help with fenix A320 with bravo autopilot. i was reading other topic but not much info how to map presets from mobiflight

is ther any chance a event file can be created just like fbw or if you tell me how to create and whats the format/syntax then i can probably try to do this (obviously with your help. I have also downloaded text file with all presets in there but dont know how to use them however i am familier with event file as  i did this in fbw. can you help 

thank you

I did check wasm in the advanced user guide and enable in fsuipc but where to put Mf PRESET FILE(TXT FILE) AND HOW TO ACCESS IN THE WASM MODULE IN FSUIPC MENU.

you can find the file attached with this post with the actual name. I have downloaded from Hubhop

events.txt

I understand that to acces presets i have to put file in fsuipc modules in community folder. is this text file going there as my understaing is that should be with mcro file or something like that.

17 minutes ago, sehadi said:

I did check wasm in the advanced user guide and enable in fsuipc but where to put Mf PRESET FILE(TXT FILE) AND HOW TO ACCESS IN THE WASM MODULE IN FSUIPC MENU.

You don't need to do anything except activate the WASM and restart. The MF events.txt file is installed with FSUIPC7 since version 7.3.0 (or maybe earlier). Check you are using the latest version, which is 7.3.4.

All presets will be in the drop-down assignment menus, prefixed by 'Preset:'. Please don't post again until you have read the documentation, as previously advised - WASM section starting page 46 of the Advanced User guide, and presets and the MF events.txt on page 48.

Thank you for your help and support and sorry that I did not checked page 48 but anyway I managed to map the presets to my bravo autopilot buttons and all going well with the fenix a320 however I don't know how to use both rotaries (incr, decr) and (ias, vs, head etc) I managed to use your rotary lua file and commands in ini file for FBW-A320 but its not working with fenix A320. I appreciate if you can guide me setting up both rotaries

Thank you

AA

6 hours ago, sehadi said:

I don't know how to use both rotaries (incr, decr) and (ias, vs, head etc) I managed to use your rotary lua file and commands in ini file for FBW-A320 but its not working with fenix A320. I appreciate if you can guide me setting up both rotaries

Do you understand how it is working for the FBW A320? If you can do that , you should be able to work out how to set things up for the Fenix A320. If its working for the FBW A320, it will just be a matter of copying that profile and then changing it to use the controls that work for the Fenix A320. As I don't have this aircraft, I cannot really advise any further, especially for such a general question. You should at least try to do this yourself, and ask questions if you get into difficulties.

Start by trying to understand how it is working for the FBW A320, it will be pretty much the same, but using different controls/events/presets...

John

Hi 

I have tried myself before the post but I was looking for fenix control list and could not find that anyways but after your post I have tried with presets and rotaries started working but not 100% as I have tried 2 different settings and obviously results are different. As you can see what i have done and pls see if you can help!

So far I tried with Altitude and heading only

This one did recognise in the flight but  hardly any increment or decrement even some time after restarting sim it doesn't work at ALL

1st)

55=CP(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
56=CU(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
57=CP(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
58=CU(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
59=CP(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
60=CU(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
61=CP(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
62=CU(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-

the 2nd one works well  but unpredictable speed  most of the time very fast  but don't know what else I have to do. guidance will be appreciated

2nd)

56=CP(+B,20)64,1,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
57=CU(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
58=CU(+B,20)64,1,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
59=CP(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
60=CP(+B,20)64,2,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
61=CU(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
62=CU(+B,20)64,2,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
63=CP(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
64=CP(+B,18)64,1,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
65=CU(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
66=CU(+B,18)64,1,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
67=CP(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
68=CP(+B,18)64,1,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
69=CU(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-

FSUIPC7.ini

I suggest you look at what you posted:

14 hours ago, sehadi said:

56=CU(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
57=CP(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
58=CU(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-

These assignments will be sending both an inc and a dec control on both a button press and a button release on the same button (button 0 on joy Id 64), so the result will be no change. Isn't that obvious?

59=CP(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
60=CU(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
61=CP(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
62=CU(+B,18)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_HEADING_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-

Again, sending both inc and dec controls on the same button. 

56=CP(+B,20)64,1,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
57=CU(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
58=CU(+B,20)64,1,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,0     -{Preset Control}-
59=CP(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
60=CP(+B,20)64,2,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
61=CU(+B,20)64,0,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
62=CU(+B,20)64,2,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-

Highlighted entries again sending both inc and dec controls on the same button. The non-highlighted entries are ok, as you have inc on button 1 (press and release) and dec on button 2 (on press and release).

To help you see what is happening, use logging. Activate logging for Buttons & Keys as well as Events. Open the logging console window (Log -> Open Console) and see what is being sent when you press your buttons. This should tell you what is happening.

You are also sending your controls on both press and release. This is ok, but you may want to consider sending the control on repeat, i.e. the control keeps being sent when you hold the button press.  You can also adjust the button repeat rate as needed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Sehadi,
I'm facing the same dificulties you had to make knobs work on Fenix A320.
Could you post your final version of your ini, File.
I started testing Altitude INC and DEC but no result.

FUIPC Connection Servive is Running
WASM Module Log: Connected to MSFS

FSUIPC7.ini

15 hours ago, Rodolpho said:

I'm facing the same dificulties you had to make knobs work on Fenix A320.

But what exactly is your issue? I presume @sehadi's problem was his assignments, as I indicated, but as he has not responded I cannot be certain.
[Also, use the '@' notation if you want to direct your message at a specific person!]

Maybe you can explain you issue and show me your FSUIPC7.log file with appropriate logging activated (Buttons & Switches and Events) where you load the aircraft and press your assigned buttons.

You should also remove your general button assignments to the Fenix A320 presets - no point in having those as they will/should only work  with the Fenix. Also maybe change the name of the aircraft in your profile to catch more variants, i.e. change

[Profile.Fenix A320]
1=FenixA320_RZOCSTKQ1

to

[Profile.Fenix A320]
1=FenixA320

John

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your repply,
In mean time I found out what was going on that nothing worked. The related hvar file was missing on Community folder.

I will remove the specific profile as you suggested.
The way I fist programed (following the example os this post above)  the knobs didn't work well. The increments were not stable. I foud it more effective to program only  "U" (pulse on release) to get one by one incremets.
4=UB,4,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
6=UB,5,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,1     -{Preset Control}-

Is that really the best way to get stable 1 by 1 increments or you have a suggestion to improve this?

Again, thanks for your support and congratulations for your very good sofwate tool.

Just now, Rodolpho said:

The related hvar file was missing on Community folder.

But you don't need hvar files to use presets - just the events.txt file installed (by default) in your FSUIPC7 installation folder. You only need (FSUIPC) hvar files for direct access to hvars (via lua or macros) - they don't need to be made known to FSUIPC is activating them via calculator code, such as used by presets.

3 minutes ago, Rodolpho said:

I foud it more effective to program only  "U" (pulse on release) to get one by one incremets.
4=UB,4,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_DEC,0     -{Preset Control}-
6=UB,5,CPFNX320_FCU_ALTITUDE_KNOB_INC,1     -{Preset Control}-

Is that really the best way to get stable 1 by 1 increments or you have a suggestion to improve this?

That is fine but it is more usual to send the control on a press ('P') rather than a release ('U'). Having small increments can also be a pain when you have to change the amount by a large number, which is why its usually to also assign buttons to the fast controls. If using a 2-button rotary (ie. one button in each direction), then there is a lua script you can use to convert this to 2 virtual buttons in each direction, where one is used for slow (1) increments), and the fast button for larger (10 or more) increments.

John

John there are few new Events missing off the file like ECAM buttons, I can see them recently added on the Mobiflight website.

will you do an updated Events file, or could you explain to a novice how to add them manually?

eg 

1 (>L:S_ECAM_FCTL)

for pressing the FCTL button

i did read the manual but couldn’t work it out!

Thanks David 

2 hours ago, BAW242 said:

will you do an updated Events file

No, I only update (i.e. include the latest events.txt file) when I release a new version of FSUIPC7.

2 hours ago, BAW242 said:

could you explain to a novice how to add them manually?

You should not add them manually, you should download the latest events.txt file from https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/, and use that to replace the one in  your FSUIPC7 installation folder. Just click the Export presets button, followed by the events.txt button. You need to login to do this (create an account first if you haven't already).

John