The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC closes at random intervals during VA flights

Unique_NY

I've been having an issue since I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 last week. FSUIPC starts with the sim just fine, but at seemingly random intervals, I will get alerted from my ACARS client that it lost Simulator connection. I have to manually restart FSUIPC each time. Rinse and repeat (probably 10-12 times on a 4 hour flight).

I've attached a log that I truncated the write/reads from to allow the file to fit. It seems to think MSFS has stopped working, but it has not. Please let me know any information you might need.

Windows 11
MSFS2020
TFDi SmartCARS

FSUIPC7logedited.txt

Please read the documentation before posting. This has also been reported many times before - always try searching for similar posts before posting.

From the README.txt included in the zip file, under section Problems running FSUIPC7:

5. Windows 11 issue: FSUIPC7 closes down while MSFS is still running. Check your FSUIPC7.log file. If the log file reports it is closing as it has detected that MSFS
   is no longer running (although it is), you need to add the following line to the [General] section of your FSIUPC7.ini file (located in your FSUIPC7 installation folder):
        DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum
   If you still get issues with this added, check that your VC++ redistributables are up-to-date (see item 1).

John

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

This has also been reported many times before - always try searching for similar posts before posting.

This wasn't for lack of effort, I swear!...even with specific search terms I was stumped

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Please read the documentation before posting.

You absolutely have me here though, John 😁 I read the readme long time ago (before Windows 11) and didn't read it since.

Thank you for the reply, and all seems to be well.