The simFlight Network Forums

find function nome operating by cockpit.

Gianco

hello everyone, i need help in assigning "buttons & switches" of FSUPC7 for MSFS2020.
I know how to assign a function to a key on a peripheral.
But how do I, in the case of specific functions of an aircraft know what that command is called in the list available in the "Button&switches" page?

For example, for the MB339, to start the engine you have to operate the switch "JPT LMTR", which obviously in the drop-down menu of available commands to assign is not there. surely there is but it is called something else.... 
is it possible to operate the switch from the cockpit, and detect the command name?

4 minutes ago, Gianco said:

But how do I, in the case of specific functions of an aircraft know what that command is called in the list available in the "Button&switches" page?
is it possible to operate the switch from the cockpit, and detect the command name?

Yes - the general method of doing this is to activate logging for events, open the logging console and then select/change the function in the cockpit UI and see what, if anything, is logged. If there is a control/event logged, that will also be in the drop-down menu and you can assign to that (also using the parameter that is logged).

However, many aircraft in MSFS do nor use standard controls/events, and it gets more tricky... The first port-of-call, if no event/control is logged,  should be the MobiFlight HubHob preset list (see https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/) where you can search for available presets for many aircraft (both provided and add-ons). If there is a preset, then you can assign to that - FSUIPC7 comes with the MF presets, although the preset list may be out-of-date (but can be updated - see the Advanced User guide).

If there are no events and no presets (currently available...) then it gets more complicated...you can try listing lvars to see if any look appropriate, otherwise you need to start looking at some of the aircraft' xml files to see how the function is controlled - this is how the presets are determined. I believe there is a MF video on this on YouTube, and there may be other resources.