The simFlight Network Forums

To Peter: AI separation in FSUIPC

Hi Peter,

I'm using AI a lot in FS9 and find Trafficlook in the FSUIPC package very useful when doing AI-spooting from an airfield. One thing that has bother me ( an others) for a long time is all the go-arounds due too slow runway taxiing speed of landing airplanes and/or too little separation between AI in the landing phase.

Is there any possiblity to add an enhacement to FSUIPC so it can increase the separation for AI planes that are closer than 4-5 nm behing another AI plane on final? As data are available through FSUIPC in Trafficlook I thought maybe the datafields could be written to also. This could be done for AI planes which are closer than 4 nm to the AI plane ahead when they enter the state = landing by decreasing the GS (speed) of the chasing planes approaching the same runway.

If possible it could be implemented as an option in FSUIPC when a user only wants to do AI-spooting from an airfield. and most (if not all) go-arounds would be history.

The idea could be totally wrong and maybe there are better ideas around.

Or maybe ( my guessing) these datafields can not be accessed and written to.

Anyway, thanks for FSUIPC and Trafficlook. Looking forward to the next version of Trafficlook with extra parameters.

rgs,

Roar

Is there any possiblity to add an enhacement to FSUIPC so it can increase the separation for AI planes that are closer than 4-5 nm behing another AI plane on final? As data are available through FSUIPC in Trafficlook I thought maybe the datafields could be written to also.

I've found a way to send standard FS controls to AI aircraft, and I've added this facility to FSUIPC version 3.12, due to be released this weekend I hope. It can also delete selected AI aircraft. But all this is handled through the IPC interface, and depends on someone writing an application to figure these things out. That isn't me.

I'd much rather be able to send ATC instructions to these guys than actually try to control their engines or flight controls, but I don't know how to do that. If I ever find out, I'll add that too.

If possible it could be implemented as an option in FSUIPC when a user only wants to do AI-spooting from an airfield. and most (if not all) go-arounds would be history.

It wouldn't be an FSUIPC action, but some clever utility using the facilities I am providing. aybe it can reduce thrust, or similar.

Regards,

Pete