The simFlight Network Forums

New on FSUIPC, maybe silly question

Andrew738

*** Moved from User Contributions sub-forum to FSUIPC7/MSFS2020 sub-forum ***

Hi All,

In the past i wrote an ipad application and using a plugin for x-plane. Now that I am using MSFS 2020, I am investigating if, with modification of my ipad app can talk directly with FSUIPC or with intervention of separate program on PC. 

In what I understand now is that FSUIPC can only be used with hardware supported devices like Goflight or Joystick together with LUA.

So my question is, is it possible to communicate external via UDP to the PC where FSUIPC is running (and of course MSFS2020)?

(iPad client >>> FSUIPC >>> MSFS2020)

Thanks!

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to FSUIPC7 support forum

6 minutes ago, Andrew738 said:

In what I understand now is that FSUIPC can only be used with hardware supported devices like Goflight or Joystick together with LUA.

I know why you say this - FDUIPC can be used with any HID joystick type devices, as well as other devices like GoFlight and PFC devices using specific drivers that we provide. You don't need to use lua if yoy don't want to, although it may be necessary for non joystick type HID devices.

8 minutes ago, Andrew738 said:

So my question is, is it possible to communicate external via UDP to the PC where FSUIPC is running (and of course MSFS2020)?

(iPad client >>> FSUIPC >>> MSFS2020)

FSUIPC does not have any facilities for talking to IOS devices. If its only GPS data that you require, then it may be possible then you may be able to configure FSUIPC's GPSout facilities (see User Guide) to provide the correct data for that program from a USB acting as a standard serial device on the FS PC. Otherwise, there may be additional programs to help with this (e.g. WingX).

Alternatively, there is a websocket server/interface also available, and any web pages written using these dacilities should be accessible from a web browser on any device.

There have been several questions on using ipad with FSUIPC before, maybe check some previous posts - here are a couple (version of FSUIPC and the FS dont matter here as the FSUIPC facilities are the same):

There is also a utility (FSXFollow) that allows connection but using WideServer:

By the way, you posted in the User Contributions sub-forum where it states NOT for support requests. I have moved your post to the correct forum.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your prompt answer on this one. No indeed it is not for GPS data only but more the MCP and EFIS functionality which i wrote for my iPad.

I have, by the way, still 5 GoFlight panels which I don't use anymore so will give that a try also!

Thanks again!