The simFlight Network Forums

Limited Switch for Parking Brake

I use a limited switch for parking brake. In the Button and Switches tab I press the switch and FSUIPC register button# 0 when I release button# 1 is registered. Is that write.

On button# 0 I select Parking Brake from the dropdown menu, on press,  Para 0 and release, para 1. Because the limit switch will be in a press state when Parking Brake is off and needs to be on when limit switch is released.

What do I enter the in Button#1. Because I think I will get strange behaviour form the virtual parking brake.

12 hours ago, johankotze said:

In the Button and Switches tab I press the switch and FSUIPC register button# 0 when I release button# 1 is registered. Is that write.

Some switches work that way, i.e. with separate buttons for each position.

12 hours ago, johankotze said:

What do I enter the in Button#1. Because I think I will get strange behaviour form the virtual parking brake.

If the switch just has two buttons, and when you switch a release is sent for one of the buttons and a press for the other, you don't need to assign anything to button#1 as the parking brake will be turned on by the button#0 release.
Alternatively, you could remove the assignment to the button#0 release  and assign that to the button#1 press instead.

I think I made a mistake with the connection to my Leo Bodner card. I connect one wire of the limit switch to GND and the other one to pin B1. Will check tonight and follow your suggestion. Will connect to pin B1 & B2. Thanks for the rapid reply much appreciated.

That is a possibility...but you should still be able to get it to work  - you just need to understand when/if it is sending the releases. If its sending the release straight after the press, or not at all (but that would be strange...) then you can assign to the press of buttons 0 and 1 instead and not assign to the button release.

It is working but I need to do press & release several times to get an reaction from the parking brake. Then occasionally when press the parking brake is deactivate and release it activate. I did event get where the parking brake is jumping, but that was a config problem on my side. I will do as you say "then you can assign to the press of buttons 0 and 1 instead and not assign to the button release"

ok. Maybe activate logging for Buttons & Keys as well as Events, open the logging condole (Log -> Open Console...) and see what is logged when you press the buttons. This should help you understand what is occurring and how you should assign. Maybe also check that it is not assigned in MSFS as well.

I really can't help with the wiring - you need to sort that out yourself. And please attach your FSUIPC log and ini files, not screenshots.
However, that screenshot does show something strange is going on. First a button 1 press and release was sent, but you have no assignments to the press, just the release, so that was sent. This was then repeated. Then button 0 was pressed, and you have an assignment to this which was sent, then a release received with no assignment.

Why do you have an assignment to button 1 release and button 0 press? As I said, just assign to the press for both buttons and no assignment on release.

Any further issues please attach your log and ini files.

I have just noticed that you posted this in the FAQ section, where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. I will move this topic to the main support forum.

Also please note that I am now on holiday, back on the 9th.

John