The simFlight Network Forums

Milviz C310 and Lvar in FSUIPC

Thomas Börjesson

I would like to use a button on the Honeycomb Alpha to adjust the landing lights on the Milviz C310. The manual for C310 states that this is done with Lvar (L: C310_SW_LIGHTS_LANDING, enum)
0 = on & extend 1 = off 2 = retract. How do I use this in FSUIPC? I have read and tried to understand the manual (advanced user). Maybe it's because English is not my mother tongue. Maybe I can get a step-by-step explanation of how to proceed

/Thomas

On 6/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, Thomas Börjesson said:

he manual for C310 states that this is done with Lvar (L: C310_SW_LIGHTS_LANDING, enum)
0 = on & extend 1 = off 2 = retract. How do I use this in FSUIPC? I have read and tried to understand the manual (advanced user).

The easiest way to achieve this is to add the lvar to a free FSUIPC offset and then assign to the FSUIPC offset inc/dec or set controls. See the section Adding Lvars to Offsets on page 46 of the Advanced User guide. Try following that and post again if you have issues.

John

24 minutes ago, Thomas Börjesson said:

Could you possibly explain what is a "free FSUIPC offset". 

An offset in an offset area that is designated as 'Free for general use' in the FSUIPC Offset status document. Such offset areas are:
    0x66C0 - 64 bytes
    0xA000 - 512 bytes
    0x2544 - 184 bytes
    0x2644 - 68 bytes
    ...etc

Hi John,

I have updated to 6.1.9 and downloaded the latest documentation for v6.

The latest date of the FSUIPC for Advanced Users is July 2020

and the "FSUIPC History" pdf only shows up to 6.0.10.

I cant seem to find the "Adding Lvars to Offsets on page 46 of the Advanced User guide"

I'm also looking for the the section "Adding Simulator variables (simvars) to FSUIPC offsets" that you have also mentioned in another thread is on page 34 of the Advanced User manual.

Is the download link pointing to the updated documentation?

Thanks

Chris

First, you have posted in the FSUIPC7/MSFS support forum. As you are using FSUIPC6, you should post in the main support forum.

49 minutes ago, redman99 said:

I have updated to 6.1.9 and downloaded the latest documentation for v6.

The documentation for 6.1.9 domes with the FSUIPC6 installer. The separate documentation package is out-of-date (I only update that occasionally). Please re-run the 6.1.9 installer to get the latest documentation for FSUIPC6.

54 minutes ago, redman99 said:

I cant seem to find the "Adding Lvars to Offsets on page 46 of the Advanced User guide"

This functionality is for FSUIPC7 only - it is not available in FSUIPC6.

54 minutes ago, redman99 said:

I'm also looking for the the section "Adding Simulator variables (simvars) to FSUIPC offsets" that you have also mentioned in another thread is on page 34 of the Advanced User manual.

That is on page 36 of the Advanced User manual - as I said, re-run the FSUIPC6 installer.

55 minutes ago, redman99 said:

Is the download link pointing to the updated documentation?

No. As I said I only update this occasionally. The separate documentation package is only provided for people who want to look at the documentation without installing FSUIPC6. All current documentation for each FSUIPC version comes with the FSUIPC installer - you should not download or use the separate documentation package if using FSUIPC - just use the documentation that comes with the version toy download.

John