The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 - Help!

BigglesBolton

I recently purchased a key for this software having read positive reviews. I keep trying different attempts, but franky, I am lost.

Please could someone explain to me a step by step procedure to create an assignment for the flaps axis for my Saitek throttle quadrant, for the default MSFS 2020 A320. 

4 hours ago, BigglesBolton said:

Please could someone explain to me a step by step procedure to create an assignment for the flaps axis for my Saitek throttle quadrant, for the default MSFS 2020 A320. 

I am not going to give a step-by-step guide - I provide extensive documentation so that I do not have to do this individually for every user.
So, please try reading the User guide and trying for yourself. You can assign to the flaps inc/dec controls which function correctly in the Asobo A320 - just try it, it is not that difficult...

John

Thanks John. This is not a criticism, but i really could do with some help. From the comments made, I deduce that I am not the only one suffering. Indeed the documentation is extensive, but just one useful example on my request would help.

I am sorry you wouldn't help.

Laurence

If you read the documentation and just try it should be relatively obvious...

First, if you are assigning in FSUIPC, I recommend you start with an empty profile for your controller/device in MSFS. To do this, simply create a new profile for your device - it will be empty by default.

Once you have an aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly, press Alt +F - this is the default hot-key to open the FSUIPC main window. Then select the Assignments-> Buttons & Switches menu item. This will open the GUI panel where you can assign your buttons. Press/activate the button/switch you want to assign. The joystick/controller letter and button number you activated should register in the panel. Then select the checkbox Select for FS control. Then select the control from the drop-down menu -if you want to assign to Flaps Incr or Flaps Decr, open the drop-down menu, press the F key, then scroll down to select the appropriate control. Once you have assigned one control like this, you can activate another button and assign to that in the same way. Once you have finished, click Ok and you are done. You can then press Alt+F again to hide the main window.

l would recommend initially assigning all basic flight controls initially in your general profile (i.e. no profile selected). You can then create specific profiles for the aircraft that you fly, overriding the general controls with aircraft specific controls. See the section on profiles in the User guide (page 19) to understand profiles.

John

10 minutes ago, Serghio said:

how to change the already programmed "profile specific" in the "Buttons+Switches" tab to a new profile?

Once you have assigned an aircraft to a profile, the only way to change the assigned profile is by manually removing the aircraft from the profile by editing the FSUIPC7.ini file.

I am locking this topic now. For future reference, please give an appropriate title for all support requests - do not use your name or general terms like 'help me', etc. Give your posts an appropriate title, and don't hijack unrelated posts. Please see this post:

John