The simFlight Network Forums

Error code 2 on RunIfx

Rick S.

Morning.  I'm attempting to run AIG Traffic Manager automatically via the RunIfx command.  Here's the command line I use:

RunIf1="E:\MSFS2020Utils\AIGTC\AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe" "-MSFS2020"

This is the error I'm receiving from FSUIPC:

FSUIPC couldn't run: "E:\MSFS2020Utils\AIGTC\AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe" "-MSFS2020" in folder "E:\MSFS2020Utils\AIGTC" [Error=2]

Don't know what the error code stand for since I couldn't find any error code listings in the docs.  Any idea what would be causing this?  I have another entry that works fine (no quote needed on it though) so I'm not sure what the deal is.  Thanx in advance!

-Rick

7 minutes ago, Rick S. said:

Don't know what the error code stand for since I couldn't find any error code listings in the docs. 

It is a windows error code: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-)

Are you sure the executable is called 'AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe' and is in the folder 'E:\MSFS2020Utils\AIGTC'?

John

You're on the board early.  🙂  Here's the actual cut and paste from file explorer:

E:\MSFS2020Utils\AIGTC

Here's the executable name:

AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe

Decided to try to remove the -MSFS2020 option from the end to see if it would run then.  THIS time it gave me a code 740 with means run with admin privileges.  It already IS elevated, so I don't know what's going on.

-Rick

3 minutes ago, Rick S. said:

THIS time it gave me a code 740 with means run with admin privileges.  It already IS elevated, so I don't know what's going on.

What is elevated - FSUIPC7? The error code means that elevated privileges are required to run the program, and so FUIPC7 must be ran with admin privileges.
if that is already the case, then check that any anti-virus programs aren't interfering - maybe disable them to test.

John

Figured it out.  Seems you cannot run AIGTC directly from the command line and pass a parameter.  You have to launch it via a shortcut with the -MSFS2020 parameter tacked to the end.   FSUIPC is launching the AIGTC now by launching via the shortcut without any errors so now it's over to Alpha-India Group to suggest allowing the passing of parameters via the command line.  Thanx for all your help!

-Rick