The simFlight Network Forums

Problem after assigning propeller axis

jfri57

I try to assign two propeller axis on my CH Throttle quadrant to my Milviz Cessna 310 in MSFS. The problem is I can't get the calibration correct. When pulling back the prop levers I see in the cockpit that they reach full idle before the levers are even halfway back. In FSUIPC calibration nothing seem strange. And I don't get this issue when I assigned the two mixture levers on the same throttle quadrant.

Can you show me your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files please. For the log file, activate Axes control logging, load your aircraft and move your assigned propeller axis through its full range, then exit FSUIPC before attaching (zip it if its too big to attach). A 2nd log file would also be useful, also with Axes logging activated, but this time use the cockpit UI controls to move the propeller levers through their full range.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Can you show me your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files please. For the log file, activate Axes control logging, load your aircraft and move your assigned propeller axis through its full range, then exit FSUIPC before attaching (zip it if its too big to attach). A 2nd log file would also be useful, also with Axes logging activated, but this time use the cockpit UI controls to move the propeller levers through their full range.

John

Here are the first two with log using hardware levers

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7log.rar

Here my intention was to upload  the third file with log for moving levers in cockpit with mouse. Here one mixture and one prop axes started to behave strangely making sudden jumps. But upload failed since 20 kb is exceeded and I was not given an additional 20k because of new post

1 hour ago, jfri57 said:

Here are the first two with log using hardware levers

First, you  have PropPitch1 assigned to two axes:

0=AX,256,D,17,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: PropPitch1 }-
1=AZ,1,D,17,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: PropPitch1 }-

This invariably causes issues due to different/conflicting values being sent by each axis.

Also, this is incorrect:

[LvarOffsets.C310]
0=L:C310_SW_FUEL_PUMP_LEFT, enum=0x66C0

Hence the error in your log file:

154531 **** Lvar 'C310_SW_FUEL_PUMP_LEFT, enum' not found: cannot add to offset 0x66C0

This (most probably) should be:

[LvarOffsets.C310]
0=L:C310_SW_FUEL_PUMP_LEFT=UB0x66C0

Please see the Advanced User guide for details on the format and size designators you should be using. And always check your log file if/when adding lvars to offsets to check that it is being added as expected.

Apart from that, the log shows the PropPitch axis behaving as expected. It would be useful to see the second log, but I think your issue could be that you are calibrating with a reverse zone - if there is no reverse zone, you need to check the No reverse Zone checkbox in the Prop Pitch calibration panel - try that.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

First, you  have PropPitch1 assigned to two axes:

This invariably causes issues due to different/conflicting values being sent by each axis.

Also, this is incorrect:

Hence the error in your log file:

This (most probably) should be:

Please see the Advanced User guide for details on the format and size designators you should be using. And always check your log file if/when adding lvars to offsets to check that it is being added as expected.

Apart from that, the log shows the PropPitch axis behaving as expected. It would be useful to see the second log, but I think your issue could be that you are calibrating with a reverse zone - if there is no reverse zone, you need to check the No reverse Zone checkbox in the Prop Pitch calibration panel - try that.

John

I have removed one of the prop1 assigned axes and also corrected the line with lvar

Now it seem to work correctly after setting max and then at the detent min instead of feather

I am not sure what you mean by No reverse zone. I see one box marked rev which I check otherwise lever full back gives max output value. I see no No reverse Zone setting option

2 minutes ago, jfri57 said:

I am not sure what you mean by No reverse zone. I see one box marked rev which I check otherwise lever full back gives max output value. I see no No reverse Zone setting option

top-left of the calibration page...

3 minutes ago, jfri57 said:

Now it seem to work correctly after setting max and then at the detent min instead of feather

Ah, ok...