The simFlight Network Forums

PREPAR 3D5V + MADDOG X + FSUIPC6 + MOBIFLIGHT + LUA ( HOW TO START? )

First of all I want to introduce myself, I've been running my own MADDOG X cockpit simulator project in Spain for a few years, and I've always liked aviation, that's why I also make a living from aviation, and simulators are my hobby.

I needed your wisdom and great experience, since I found myself at the moment of starting the connections of my arduino cards to the PC and to the top panel and other panels.

I have been testing with FSUIPC to make MACROS for the Input signals to Prepar3D and MADDOG X (I think I understand things but I still have to learn)

But my biggest problem is understanding how (MADDOG X + FSUIPC6 + MOBIFLIGHT + LUA) works and how it all interacts for output signals.

I want to start lighting my signs......such as Master Caution, Master Warning, Annunciator Panel Etc....

I have been talking on many occasions with more colleagues who are in this project like my friend "SISOFFI with his project in Italy" or with my friend "CLAUS who also has a mobile cockpit.

But I don't want you to spend a lot of time on my problems, which are many, it would be a lot of time for me and for me to understand the basic operation of everything.

For this reason I need if someone can tell me where to start.......

I am interested in removing the output light from the simulator.

I've seen the MADDOG_X.lua documents and more code but I haven't gotten them to work yet....

I have also been looking inside FSUIPC6.ini ........ the section [Auto] where it puts the name of the file with the code that you want to execute...... but it has not been successful either.

ejemplo...

FSUIPC6.ini

[Auto]

3=master_caut

master_caut.lua

-- (L:CM1_mastercaut_adv1, enum) --> preferred type = UB or UW, NOTE - NEW Lvar name for MaddogX, , this is on CM1 only! The other is  (L:CM2_mastercaut_adv1, enum), not provided
function master_caut (varname, value)
    ipc.writeUD(0x674C, value)
end
event.Lvar("L:CM1_mastercaut_adv1", 100, "master_caut") -- NOTE - NEW Lvar name for MaddogX, this is on CM1 only! The other is  (L:CM2_mastercaut_adv1, enum), not provided

MOBIFLIGHT  ( I have indicated which pin I want to feed and also GRD) and I have also indicated the offset (0x674C)

I'm sure I'm doing a lot of things wrong.

But I need someone to please tell me which route to follow to illuminate some of the MADDOG X indicator lights.

I hope your help friends

Thank you very much for attending me

Greetings to all.😉☺️

Edited by MD80PROJECT

14 hours ago, MD80PROJECT said:

he section [Auto] where it puts the name of the file with the code that you want to execute...... but it has not been successful either.

ejemplo...

FSUIPC6.ini

[Auto]

3=master_caut

You control the [Auto] section, and the format of that line is not correct - if the file is called master_caut.lua, then the [Auto] section entry to start that lua would be:
    3=Lua master_caut
Please see the Advanced User guide, section Automatic running of Macros and Lua plugins on page 41 if the Advanced User Guide. If you don't specify Lua, it us assumed you are trying to auto-start a macro file.

MOBIFLIGHT  ( I have indicated which pin I want to feed and also GRD) and I have also indicated the offset (0x674C)

Not sure what this means - I do not use MobiFlight and cannot help with this.

But I need someone to please tell me which route to follow to illuminate some of the MADDOG X indicator lights.

You could always take a look at LINDA, which comes with a support module (i.e. lua scripts) for the Maddog X - see https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/532362-leonardo-maddogx-module-13/. Even if you don't use LINDA, it may be worth taking a look at the scripts they provide to see how things work for that aircraft.
But not that you cannot use the LINDA scripts without installing/using LINDA (due to dependencies). See https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/ for more information on LINDA.

¡Saludos desde Galicia!

John