The simFlight Network Forums

Where to start -- own FSUIPC7 and just bought PMDG 737-700

Burnhaven

Just point me to the correct post or FAQ.   Although I've owned FSUIPC7 for a number of months and it launches with MSFS, I haven't used it to map controls.  I managed to set up aircraft such as the Kodiak and DC-6 using the built-in MSFS control module, for my Logitech Extreme 3D joystick.  Doesn't look like that is going to be adequate for this 737.  Presets ?   Or just read the FSUIPC7 manual first?

Casual flyer so not investing in yokes, rudder pedals etc anytime soon.

First, try using the latest beta release which has the additional PMDG 737 offsets enabled (in case you need to use them), available here: 

The presets in that version are available via a new checkbox - most (but not all) presets start with PMDG* so they should be easy to identify, otherwise you can use the search interface provided by the MobiFlight HubHob site: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/

There is also a FAQ entry on how to use the PMDG custom controls, which use the Rotor Brake control, although most of these should be available via presets which are easy to assign: 

Note the SDK for the PMDG 737 has still not been published, but for the time being you van use the P3D NG3 header file, which i have attached.

John

PMDG_NG3_SDK.h

• Thanks 1