The simFlight Network Forums

Getting pushback state from PMDG 737?

777GE90

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me.  Has anyone managed to figure out how to get FSUIPC to detect a PMDG 737 pushback when it's done via the PMDG FMC (perhaps another offset I can try?) Or is this something for their developers to fix?

I did post a thread on PMDG but no response: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-for-msfs/188112-pushback-not-detected-by-fsuipc

39 minutes ago, 777GE90 said:

Has anyone managed to figure out how to get FSUIPC to detect a PMDG 737 pushback when it's done via the PMDG FMC (perhaps another offset I can try?) Or is this something for their developers to fix?

Presumably you have tried the standard offset for this at 0x31F0? There is a simvar called PUSHBACK ATTACHED, but this is not available by default in any offset - you can add this to a free user offset and check to see if the PMDG 737 is using/updating that simvar.

The specific PMDG offsets are not available in the current release (v7.3.7), but will be available in the next release (v7.3.8) and there is a beta version out of this release that you can try, available here: 

However, I don't see any offsets relating to pushback state in those offsets either.

You can also try listing the available lvars to see if any look applicable, and if so then they can also be added to a free FSUIPC offset.

Pushback and ground service handling in MSFS in general is quite different from other sims and I am not sure what is available without checking...I will rake a deeper look later in the week to see if I can see anything.

John

20 hours ago, 777GE90 said:

Has anyone managed to figure out how to get FSUIPC to detect a PMDG 737 pushback when it's done via the PMDG FMC (perhaps another offset I can try?) Or is this something for their developers to fix?

Offset  0x31F0 contains the correct pushback state when requesting/using the MSFS ground services. I am not familiar with how to request pushback via the FMC - if you could let me know I can test that here...

John

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I am not familiar with how to request pushback via the FMC - if you could let me know I can test that here...

Ok, I managed to request pushback via the FMC and I can see that that offset is not changing when using the FMC for this. I am afraid that this needs to be addressed by PMDG. They should either update/use the same simconnect SDK simvars/events or provide this information in their SDK.

John

23 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Ok, I managed to request pushback via the FMC and I can see that that offset is not changing when using the FMC for this. I am afraid that this needs to be addressed by PMDG. They should either update/use the same simconnect SDK simvars/events or provide this information in their SDK.

John

Ok thanks for checking.

Out of interest, what is the FSUIPC update for PMDG offets for exactly? Have you partnered with PMDG to get special offsets for their custom functionality? Or are you specifically finding new memory addresses for PMDG aircrafts yourself and then introducing offsets for them?

Was curious as was thinking if you are partnering with PMDG then perhaps they can introduce a custom offset for this if it's not possible via simconnect / events?

3 hours ago, 777GE90 said:

Out of interest, what is the FSUIPC update for PMDG offets for exactly? Have you partnered with PMDG to get special offsets for their custom functionality? Or are you specifically finding new memory addresses for PMDG aircrafts yourself and then introducing offsets for them?

PMDG provide an SDK for many (if not all) of their aircraft, which provide additional data for 3rd party programs by the use of a SimConnect facility called 'Client Data Areas'. This is quite technical, but it enables developers to request additional data for PMDG aircraft by the SimConnct API which is supported by most major flight simulators (e.g. P3D, FSX. XPlane, MSFS, FSW, ...). Unfortunately, althought the 737 for MSFS does have this facility, the actual details of the SDK (i.e. what data is provided) has still not been finalised.

3 hours ago, 777GE90 said:

Was curious as was thinking if you are partnering with PMDG then perhaps they can introduce a custom offset for this if it's not possible via simconnect / events?

I have no partnership or special connection with PMDG (although they have kindly provided me with a license for the MSFS 737-700) but I can enquire about this via their support forum - as can anyone.

The FMC pushback looks to be something implemented in the aircraft itself and looks to bypass the MSFS ground services, so the pushback information is not available. They should either provide this additional information via the SDK, or (better) also update the MSFS variables so that the pushback state can be detected. I will report this to them.

John