The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS and Current Visibility Offset 0E8A

chanchu81

Hello Pete,

I wanted to know if this offset is supported on MSFS as I am doing some test and I manage the data thet I read from that offset to identify current visibility.

Documentation says: 0E8A 2 Current visibility (Statue miles * 100) Ok Ok

But using console I have this data: 
7145282 Monitor IPC:0E8A (U8) = 179.

Based in the documentation and doing all converstion current visibility seems to be 1NM but Simulator gives me 6NM.

Thank you for your help

12 hours ago, chanchu81 said:

I wanted to know if this offset is supported on MSFS as I am doing some test and I manage the data thet I read from that offset to identify current visibility.

Documentation says: 0E8A 2 Current visibility (Statue miles * 100) Ok Ok

Why don't you just check the offset status document for FSUIPC7 / MSFS rather than quoting the documentation for other versions?
This offset is clearly marked in red, i.e. not available or working.

The old SimConnect weather interface has been deprecated in MSFS and is no longer available. 

You could try offset 0x2DF0, which holds the simvar AMBIENT VISIBILITY, documented as 
    Visibility at the aircraft, in metres, as a 64-bit double floating point – for reading.
(and in MSFS documentation: Ambient visibility (only measures ambient particle visibility - related to ambient density).

John

The FSUIPC7 separate documentation package is quite out-of-date at the moment. I will update it in the coming days. For now, to get the latest documentation, download and install FSUIPC7 and just select the Documentation component to install. This will also install FSUIPC7, but you can remove or just not use that if not needed. If using the SDK, it is also better to install that using the FSUIPC7 installer as that will also be more up-to-date.

John