The simFlight Network Forums

How to update from version 4.977 to 5.155

*** Moved from Download Links sub-forum to main support forum ***

Hello guys,

I am using FSX and fsuipc v4.977 but some of the annunciators are not working. I was reading a post on mobiflight forum and someone wrote that I'll have to update my fsuipc to v5.155. I have spent quite a time on the fsuipc website searching for the version but i could not find it. Please let me now how can i update the files and whether or not I have to purchase it again.

Regards,

Imran

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First, you posted in the Download Links sub-form, where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. Please take care to post in the correct forum for your issue.

9 hours ago, iperwaiz1122 said:

I am using FSX and fsuipc v4.977 but some of the annunciators are not working. I was reading a post on mobiflight forum and someone wrote that I'll have to update my fsuipc to v5.155. I have spent quite a time on the fsuipc website searching for the version but i could not find it.

v4.977 is the latest and only supported version of FSUIPC for FSX. FSUIPC5 is for P3Dv4 only, and has been discontinued, replaced by FSUIPC6 which is valid for P3Dv4 and P3Dv5.

John

Hi John, 

I am sorry I didn't pay attention regarding the post. v4.977 does not support several annunciators for PMDG in FSX. I was reading a post on mobiflight where someone else had the same issue and this is what was posted "Latest update for you now. I've tested and mines was the same, however, I have spoken with Pete Dawson (FSUIPC) and a new fixed version has been released, Please install version 5.155 from the website http://www.fsuipc.com/All annunicators will now be working"

Is the offset for "Takeoff Config' annunciator not provided by FSUIPC?

The additional PMDG offsets provided are specific to the PMDG aircraft (i.e. 747, 777, 737NGX - which one are you using?) and are defined in the provided Offset mapping documents.
If they are not specified there, they will not be available. FSUIPC4 has been closed for development for many years, and I am not aware of any updates to the PMDG aircraft for FSX since it was closed - I don't own the PMDG aircraft for FSX. If you have the latest PMDG SDK header file for the aircraft, I could take a look to see if this has changed.

Looking at the offset mapping for the PMDG 737, I can see that the takeoff config was added at offset 0x6c8f for the NGXu only. But this will be available in FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC6, not FSUIPC4. If this data is provided for the FSX PMDG aircraft, I could possibly add the new offsets but cannot guarantee this. Show me the header file and I will take a look.

John