The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 0x034E

kingm56

Afternoon, Paul.

With MSFS, it appears the radio frequencies now accepts five, vice four digits (for example 122.075, vice 122.75); however, the offset is a ushort, which, as you know, doesn't exceed four digits. Is there an offset to set five vs four digits?

For my second question, I was hoping to get your tutelage.  Concerning  Data Type BYTE x 2, how do you get the value of the second bit? For example, on the PMDG 777, how do you read 6538 2 BYTE x 2 AIR_PackSwitch[2] eng 2 value?

Matt

Hi Matt,

Is there an offset to set five vs four digits?

Yes, they were added for P3D which also allows 5 digits. Extended offsets are as follows and are 4 byte integers (int for c#, Integer for vb). Read these to see the format. It's pretty obvious as I remember.

0x05C4: COM 1 Active
0x05C8: COM 2 Active
0x05CC: COM 1 Standby
0c05D0: COM 2 Standby

how do you read 6538 2 BYTE x 2 AIR_PackSwitch[2] eng 2 value?  how do you get the value of the second bit?

It will just be the stored in the offset after the one mentioned. 0x6538 is the first one and is one byte long. The second will be stored after it, so one byte later = 0x6539. 

You just declare two offsets of Byte with each address.

If you see an array of 2 byte integers (WORD x 2) you would add 2 to the original offset address to get the next item(s) as each 'word' is 2 bytes long.

FLT32 x 2 you would need to add 4 as FTL32 is a 4-byte floating point.

Paul

Hey Paul,

I finally had time to review the offsets you provided (thank you); however, it appears those offsets are currently read only.  Is there another method provided by your .dll (or SendControlToFS method) to set the third decimal of the radio freq? 

Matt

it appears those offsets are currently read only.

Ah, yes. I've checked the offset status for FSUIPC7 - the writes for those offsets are not working yet. Apparently waiting for Asobo add an event:

"Currently no available event. Reported to Asobo.".

I don't know of any other way of setting three decimal frequencies. There might be an LVar you can use, but that would be specific to the aircraft you're using. 

Paul