The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG NGX ANNUNCIATORS

I have a question regarding annunciators in PMDG NGx. I am trying to link the annunciators for the forward overhead but as there are multiple annunciators with the same name, for example I am programming "LOW PRESSURE" annunciator on the left and the offset is "646C'. So I am guessing the offset for the "LOW PRESSURE" annunciator on the right would be "646D". The left annunciator works fine with "646C" but the right annunciator with "646D" would turn on both the left and the right annunciators. How can I fix this problem? Data from FSUPIC is as follows: 646C 2 BYTE x 2 FUEL_annunLOWPRESS_Aft[2] Boolean

4 hours ago, iperwaiz1122 said:

The left annunciator works fine with "646C" but the right annunciator with "646D" would turn on both the left and the right annunciators.

What do you mean by this? The PMDG offsets are read-only - you cannot write to them. So 646C should report the state of the left aft low pressure annunciator, and 646D the state of the right aft low pressure annunciator.

Writing to PMDG offsets will have no effect.

Hi John, Thank you for your response. I have fixed the problem after doing some trials and errors and asking around. So "646C 2 BYTE x 2 FUEL_annunLOWPRESS_Aft[2]" was confusing to understand because it says byte x 2, so I was entering 2 bytes for each offset 646C and 646D when I was supposed to enter 1 byte for each. Now its working fine as I have configured it correctly with 1 byte each. Regarding the blue annunciators, as they have blue and white states, the offsets file does not seem to have offsets for two different states. For example, "6469 1 BYTE FUEL_annunXFEED_VALVE_OPEN" this cross feed valve annunciator only has one offset while it should have two states as white and blue. Does this mean that PMDG NGx does not support dual states for the blue annunciators?

Yes - Byte x 2 means two single bytes, each byte containing a boolean (1/0) value. You would normally read each byte separately.

On 9/25/2022 at 3:34 AM, iperwaiz1122 said:

Regarding the blue annunciators, as they have blue and white states, the offsets file does not seem to have offsets for two different states. For example, "6469 1 BYTE FUEL_annunXFEED_VALVE_OPEN" this cross feed valve annunciator only has one offset while it should have two states as white and blue. Does this mean that PMDG NGx does not support dual states for the blue annunciators?

That offset holds three states, as specified in the document:

0: CLOSED
1: OPEN (dim)
2: IN TRANSIT
(highlighted)

Other byte offsets also hold multiple states - check the Notes column in the PMDG Offset mapping document.

It is a 1 byte value, but not a boolean - a single byte can hold up to 256 values (usually 0-255 when unsigned but -128 to +127 if signed).

John

So a follow up question regarding the blue annunciators. I can only find "6469 1 BYTE FUEL_annunXFEED_VALVE_OPEN" with three states but all the other blue annunciators only have one state. Even though other annunciators in the PMDG NGx do have three states, for example "64BC 2BYTE x 2 ICE_annunCOWL_VALVE_OPEN[2]" these annunciators in the sim has three states but in the offsets and the SDK file, I don't find 0,1,2 states for these annunciators therefore I am not being able to use PWM pins for these. Can you please let me know how to configure these annunciators with only one states?

The PMDG data is just supplied as received from the aircraft, and I only have the information supplied in the SDK header file.  You should check that file for any further information, otherwise I suggest you redirect your question to the PMDG support forums, as it is they that supply this data.

Sorry I canny be of any further assistance with this.

John