The simFlight Network Forums

Loss of controls after SU10

chickster25

There have been a lot of posts on this subject...with the 7.3.9i release I hope most of these issues are fixed. As far as I am aware, I still need to check the following:
    - reversers in the PMDG 737
    - Steering Set and Nosewheel Steering
If I have missed anything that needs to be checked, please let me know - but AFTER you have tested with 7.3.9i please, and, as always, please specify aircraft being used and attach your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.

Thank you all for your patience with this matter,

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

There have been a lot of posts on this subject...with the 7.3.9i release I hope most of these issues are fixed. As far as I am aware, I still need to check the following:
    - reversers in the PMDG 737
    - Steering Set and Nosewheel Steering
If I have missed anything that needs to be checked, please let me know - but AFTER you have tested with 7.3.9i please, and, as always, please specify aircraft being used and attach your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.

Thank you all for your patience with this matter,

John

Version 7.3.9i

- no Nosewheel / tiller steering with steering set and the FBW A320 neo (but this has never worked with fsuipc, Asobo added the tiller axis in SU 9 and I remember writing with you, that you can not add it at the moment

- Lua Parking Brake Script is working

- All axis incl. toe brakes are working

28 minutes ago, Chad P said:

- no Nosewheel / tiller steering with steering set and the FBW A320 neo (but this has never worked with fsuipc, Asobo added the tiller axis in SU 9 and I remember writing with you, that you can not add it at the moment

Yes - they added to the Nosewheel steering event internally and have not exposed this via SimConnect yet as far as I know, but I will check this. The Steering Set was working for some aircraft (the last time I checked), but not all - probably not for the ones that have switched to the new nosewheel event. Anyway, I will check this but probably not until I have released 7.3.9 as I need to get that out asap really.

Do you have reversers working?

Later: it may be possible to use a preset for the Nosewheel steering axis and assign to that, if I know what the event is actually called...I may look into this in the next few days...

Edited by John Dowson
Later added

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Could you all try the attached version please, 7.3.9i. In this version, I have prevented any axis assigned to 'send to FS as normal axis' being diverted to FSUIPC's calibration facilities.

Any issues, please supply a brief description of the issue,, specify the aircraft or aircrafts that you are using that give the issue, and attach both your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.

I would like to release an official  version today, although I doubt I will have time to completely update the documentation...

John

FSUIPC7.exe 637.5 kB · 4 downloads

NB. Full installer from the Announcements page also updated, but the only change is the FSUIPC7.exe posted here.

Reverses (sent direct to FSUIPC) with calibration are now working! (in the PMDG, never worked in the Fenix (I suspect this is a fenix issue))

All other axes with calibration are also now working!

My toe brakes seem to be doing this odd thing where they work, but they will release after a second of me holding the brake down

(tested with the PMDG 737-800 and Fenix)

Edited by Berzerker

@John Dowson 

i just checked the new version  on PMDG Throttle set direct FSUIPC - use calibrate for reverse axis direction  + sync pos
works great 
wanna ask what the different between this and use send to FS Axis option?, because in the last 10 years use the send to FS Axis method 

thanks

When using 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration' the axis controls are calibrated before sending to the sim.
When you use 'Send to FS as normal axis' the event is sent to the FS and then is received from the FS. If calibrated, the event is masked (i.e. blocked from being applied in the sim), calibration is applied and the newly calibrated value sent back to the sim.

What seems to be broken in SU10 is the masking on the event that allows this to be done, although the error reported is rather strange.... I have removed this capability in the latest beta - events received back from the sim will no longer be calibrated but allowed to pass through - but are still received for logging as well as for many other purposes.

Regards,

John

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

When using 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration' the axis controls are calibrated before sending to the sim.
When you use 'Send to FS as normal axis' the event is sent to the FS and then is received from the FS. If calibrated, the event is masked (i.e. blocked from being applied in the sim), calibration is applied and the newly calibrated value sent back to the sim.

What seems to be broken in SU10 is the masking on the event that allows this to be done, although the error reported is rather strange.... I have removed this capability in the latest beta - events received back from the sim will no longer be calibrated but allowed to pass through - but are still received for logging as well as for many other purposes.

Regards,

John

thanks for explanation, my main use is the sync pos option,  i understand that the result will be the same ?

thanks

13 hours ago, Elad said:

my main use is the sync pos option,  i understand that the result will be the same ?

Not always....'send to FS as normal  axis' and calibrating (now not possible!) can sometimes not play well with some advanced aircraft that also intercept the axes events, due to priority levels. In such cases, we used to recommend either removing the calibration or assigning direct to FSUIPC calibration.

But you said that sync pos was working for you, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1

FSUIPC7 7.3.9 has now been released, so please make sure you are using this version before posting again with any issues.
Note that with this version you no longer have to remove any calibration when assigning to Send to FS as normal axis as any calibration for such assignments will be ignored.

John

On 9/26/2022 at 2:25 PM, John Dowson said:

FSUIPC7 7.3.9 has now been released, so please make sure you are using this version before posting again with any issues.
Note that with this version you no longer have to remove any calibration when assigning to Send to FS as normal axis as any calibration for such assignments will be ignored.

John

This Version also not run…

• 3 weeks later...

The change in SU10 that caused this issue has been identified - it is due to a change made in the way a simconect function is used (RemoveClientEvent - see here for details). This should (hopefully) be corrected in a future update, but in the meantime I have added a fix so that previously functionality can be restored, and you can now calibrate again in FSUIPC7 when assigned to 'Send to FS as normal axis' or assigned in the sim.

This is available in the attached beta 7.3.13a: FSUIPC7.exe

John

Sorry, I'm late on parade. I've read through this thread and my issue seems to be related in a small way. I'm on 7.3.12 and all my axis work just fine...Except Condition levers! The said levers work correctly as mixture levers but not in any form of turbo prop condition. i.e Axis Condition lever, Condition lever Set 1,2, etc.

The aircraft I've tried it with are Asobo's C208, Kingair 350i and Orbx's latest PAC 750. Strangely it works properly on Milviz's PC-6, odd. 

It grieves me to have to resort to MSFS controls for just that one function.

Oops! Just noticed 7.3.13a. I'll give that a go.

Ron

I'm back. No, no joy

10 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I've read through this thread and my issue seems to be related in a small way.

I cannot see how this topic is in any way related to the issue you are posting about - condition levers not working.
There are various topics already posted on this issue - please see the following and if you still have questions then either post in this topic or start a new topic:

This issue reported in this topic has been identified and now fixed in the latest FSUIPC release 7.3.13 which has now been released, so I am closing this topic now.

John