The simFlight Network Forums

Loss of controls after SU10

chickster25

Hi

I have a saitek yoke and throttles and footpedals and have been using FSUIPC7 for the controls. I am using 7.3.8

Today I updated to SU10 and have found that they have stopped working. I loaded FSUIPC and I can see the numbers moving in the Joystick calibration screen, they are not moving in the Axes assignment screen, apart from very intermittently and then they will not move again.

I have rescanned but cannot get them to work, so have changed to use MSFS controls for now.

Hi,

Also a ProSim user here.
I lost my toe-brakes couple of weeks ago, because I was trying out SU-10 beta.

Unfortunately it is definitely an FSUIPC problem, as ProSim also allows running a Simconnect only mode, where the problem does not happen. But I - and many other users - simply cannot run in Simconnect mode, because many of our throttle-quadrants depend on a script, based on FSUIPC offsets.

Please, if possible, make it a priority, as this small problem rendered our home-cockpits unusable.
Thanks in advance

I  have released a new beta for SU10, including an updated WASM. Full installer available from Install FSUIPC7-7.3.9f

Any issues, especially with axis controls or using offsets, please report the aircraft and axis control or offset used.
There may still be issues with the *_Ex1 axis controls - I have not tested these yet but will do so shortly.

John

Hi John,

Using 7.3.9f, default Cessna 172. Axis commands do not work if assigned as "Send to FS as normal axis". This goes for aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder etc. I've tried both "axis aileron set" and "aileron set" etc.

The axis does work if assigned via "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration", but only after either reloading the flight or restarting FSUIPC.

Hope this helps.

Hi John,

Using7.3.9f, PMDG DC-6.

Axis...Set commands do not work if assigned as  "Send to FS as normal axis". Tested Aileron, Elevator Elevator Trim, Rudder, Left Brake, Right Brake. Error of type:
    19829 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 4832, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=65763 (AXIS_AILERONS_SET), data=0
    19875 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 4834, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=65763 (AXIS_AILERONS_SET), data=97
See attached log.

Axis Set Ext 1 commands works for Throttle Axis 1 to Throttle Axis 4 and Prop Pitch Axis in "Send to FS as normal axis".

Aileron, Elevator Elevator Trim, Rudder, Left Brake, Right Brake works in "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration" but Elevator trim axis also controls Elevator (Elevator does not control elevator trim...). Restart of FSUIPC needed after changed assignment.

Erland

FSUIPC7_prev.log

Hi John 
On SU9 I used the axis throttle 1/2 set on the PMDG -sent to FS as normal Axis + Reverse at joystick calibration  tab 
After installing ver 7.3.9F, if i  set the axis on clean INI file, it  works until i am going to joystick calibration tab and hit the SET option, then the axis freeze in MSFS and i cant move it , till i will delete the INI and start all over again.

BTW one more wierd thing if  restart the FSUIPC is starts move again if going to joystick calibration tab it works till i press the SET 

this is part of the log
184532 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 10560, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=66420 (AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET), data=-4498
   184547 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 10561, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=66420 (AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET), data=-5429
   184563 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 10562, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=66420 (AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET), data=-5911
   184563 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 10563, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=66420 (AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET), data=-6682
   184579 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 10564, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=66420 (AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET), data=-7068
   184594 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 10565, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=66420 (AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET), data=-7678
   184610 Exception 1 "ERROR", Ref 10566, Index param 2 on TransmitClientEvent, object=1, id=66420 (AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET), data=-7999

Edited by Elad

Ok - this error was also reported when using 7.3.8 with SU10, so it certainly something that has changed in MSFS or the SDK. Strange I haven't seen it here yet, and I have tried several aircraft both sending to FS and direct to calibration. I will test further - and check I have packaged and uploaded the correct version...

But this will be tomorrow now...

John

Thanks for help and redirecting to this postings.

The issue is the same that i am able to recognize the RAW Data of axes in FSUIPC 7 and able to asign, but since that evening after the newest Update oft MSFS2020 in the Aircraft nothing happens! No axis move.

I guess SU9 and 10 means SoftwareUpdate or an Aircraft? Never heared before.

I'm curious if this can be solved! Setting axes in the MSFS2020 is nonsense.

- reg FSUIPC7 connected

- able to see, set and adjust axis 

- msfs2020 = No axis move!!

Edited by Cloud8.5

7 minutes ago, Cloud8.5 said:

To close the inquiry due to existing Posts without any solution do not work also!

I am working on the issue. This is a problem that many people are having - I do not have the time to respond to everyone on an individual topic - I would have no time for anything else!
Your/this issue isn't closed, it is just that this is the thread where I will be communicating on this issue.

11 minutes ago, Cloud8.5 said:

Furthermore someone speaks here about SU9 and 10.

Only that it was working in SU9, and not in SU10.

12 minutes ago, Cloud8.5 said:

It is striking that many have a problem with this, but where is the solution?

As I said, I am working on it.... 

13 minutes ago, Cloud8.5 said:

Post of inquiry is closed. 

No its not - it is just here, not in the post that you raised, as that is already covered by this topic/post.

You are obviously a new forum user. Please look for other posts the same or very similar to your issue (hence use an appropriate title when creating) and contribute to that rather than starting a new post.

18 minutes ago, Cloud8.5 said:

Nice that this software costs money!

and I am still working (past midnight here) to try and fix this issue - although spending most of my time responding to posts at the moment....

I've tested in the Asobo A320 and get similar errors if I assign using 'Send to FS as normal axis' and then calibrate. If I assign and don't calibrate, the axis work fine (just tried throttle at the moment, will check others tomorrow). If you remove the calibration, it still doesn't work until you restart FSUIPC7, which is also very strange. Assigning 'Direct to FSUIPC calibration' and calibrating also seems to work.

So can those who have assigned an axis to 'Send to FS as normal axis' check the calibration tabs for those axes and remove any if set. If using profiles, check the profile specific checkbox first (if not already checked and inactive). Then exit FSUIPC7 and restart to see if that helps.

I will continue looking into this (and the other strange issues mentioned) tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Agniparvata said:

Unfortunately it is definitely an FSUIPC problem, as ProSim also allows running a Simconnect only mode, where the problem does not happen. But I - and many other users - simply cannot run in Simconnect mode, because many of our throttle-quadrants depend on a script, based on FSUIPC offsets.

For this issue, can you also check and remove any calibration (that may still apply if using scripts), as well as using the latest beta. If its still an issue, I will need to see a log and the script you are using.

2 hours ago, errek said:

Elevator trim axis also controls Elevator

Can you set axes logging, open the console window, turn the elevator trim and tell me whet controls/events you see? Also check the elevator trim calibration, but I can't think how that could do this.... And maybe double check your assignments (or show me  your FSUIPC7.in) to make sure its not assigned to both axes...

John

27 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

For this issue, can you also check and remove any calibration (that may still apply if using scripts), as well as using the latest beta. If its still an issue, I will need to see a log and the script you are using.

Hi John,

Thanks for the answer.
The script is for a THQ in this case and it becomes only important WHY we can't use ProSim's Simconnect-mode, that doesn't have the toe-brake problem.
So although I can attach a SIOC script, but it has nothing to do with the matter.

It is the STOCK ProSim Toe-brake (that is a lever) that is NOT working, similarly not working for other people who use very different THQs and scripts.

I will try to produce a log, but I already had a thorough look when the problem first appeared and found nothing related. I will try it again.
It is seemingly connected to so changes that Asobo made in SU-10, somehow the changed variables because they introduced a visual effect related.

(if I'm not mistaken for the brakes, it is the vanilla 0x0BC4 and 0x0BC6) offsets that ProSim employs)

regards
Agni

9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Can you set axes logging, open the console window, turn the elevator trim and tell me whet controls/events you see? Also check the elevator trim calibration, but I can't think how that could do this.... And maybe double check your assignments (or show me  your FSUIPC7.in) to make sure its not assigned to both axes...

John

I think you can disregard the elevator/elevator trim behaviour. I seems that the elevator trim handle actually moves the control column of the DC-6. I always have the gust lock engaged when setting the initial trim for take off so the control column doesn't move doing this.  In flight I don't normally look at the controls when trimming. That's why I have not seen this before.

Tried the Just Flight Warrior III and the elevator trim behaved as expected.

Erland

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

So can those who have assigned an axis to 'Send to FS as normal axis' check the calibration tabs for those axes and remove any if set.

Can confirm that with 'Send to FS as normal axis', setting calibration for an axis will cause it to stop working in the sim.
Removing the calibration for that axis will get it working again.
(Both with FSUICP restart)
This is with 7.3.0.8 still, and Carenado Mooney.

Edited by gbFSUICP

10 hours ago, Agniparvata said:

(if I'm not mistaken for the brakes, it is the vanilla 0x0BC4 and 0x0BC6) offsets that ProSim employs)

Ok - I will take a look at those...

2 hours ago, errek said:

think you can disregard the elevator/elevator trim behaviour. I seems that the elevator trim handle actually moves the control column of the DC-6. I always have the gust lock engaged when setting the initial trim for take off so the control column doesn't move doing this.  In flight I don't normally look at the controls when trimming. That's why I have not seen this before.

Tried the Just Flight Warrior III and the elevator trim behaved as expected.

Ok, thanks for the update.

1 hour ago, gbFSUICP said:

Can confirm that with 'Send to FS as normal axis', setting calibration for an axis will cause it to stop working in the sim.
Removing the calibration for that axis will get it working again.
(Both with FSUICP restart)
This is with 7.3.0.8 still, and Carenado Mooney.

Thanks.

@Agniparvata Do you have ini parameter AxisCalibration set to Yes, or DirectAxesCalibs set to Yes or All?

Those offset use the Axis Left/Right Brake Set controls, so I will check them here (both with and without calibration, and via the offsets).
However, please note that those controls (and therefore offsets) no longer provide a linear brake axis (if it was working!). From the documentation:

Note that this is on a non-linear scale:

1. -16383 = 0%
  2. -8191 = 8%
  3. 0 = 27%
  4. +8191 = 53%
  5. +16383 = 100%

There are new linear brake axis control, but unfortunately these are not currently accessible/useable via 3rd party apps (SimConnect). I will raise a bug report for this, and once added I will switch to using these linear controls, or maybe add a new ini option so the user can decide which should be used (via the offsets).

John

37 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Those offset use the Axis Left/Right Brake Set controls, so I will check them here (both with and without calibration, and via the offsets).

The Axis Left/Right Brake set controls are no longer working in SU10, and as that is what the offsets use, that will be the issue. There is nothing I can do about this at the moment ecept report to Asobo/MSFS. Sorry about that.

John