The simFlight Network Forums

Hvars missing for some liveries fbw320

flightsimmer747

By default, hvar files are loaded when a *.hvar file is found whose name (without the extension) is a substring match to the name of the aircraft, as logged by FSUIPC7, Sometimes when using a livery you don't get the full aircraft name - for example, here's what is logged with the TAP livery:
    72563 Aircraft="TAP-TNR"
So, to load hvars for that livery, the *.hvar file would need to be called something like TAP.hvar. You would need to duplicate the A320.hvar files to match the various liveries.

There is a better way to match the aircraft to the hvar file - using a substring match on the aircraft.cfg folder name. To do this, you need to set the WASM ini parameter UseAirLocForHvars to Yes, and you would also need to update the *.hvar filename to match the folder (e.g. FlyByWire_A320.hvar), Please see the Advanced User guide for details.

Note also that you don't need the *.hvar files if you use calculator code or presets. So, you can create your own presets to activate hvars, by adding lines of the form
     My preset#(>H:hvarName)
to a myevents.txt file, and then you can assign directly to the preset.

John

Im a little lost where is it in the manual?

Edit:

Changed the airloc for hvars to yes.

I understand the concept i dont understand which hvar needs to be renamed for it to match

the *.hvar filename to match the folder (e.g. FlyByWire_A320.hvar), Please see the Advanced User guide for details.

edit 2, hvars loaded by just changing UseAirLocForHvars to Yes, 

But im trying to understand why then

Edited by flightsimmer747

11 hours ago, flightsimmer747 said:

But im trying to understand why then

The folder where the aircraft.cfg files for the FBW A320 are located are called:
    _FlyByWire_A320_NEO-LIVERY-XMAS
    FlyByWire_A320_NEO
    FlyByWire_A320_NEO-LIVERY
    ,,,(you may have more)
So if you have a hvar file called A320.hvar, then A320 is a substring match to those folder names, and so that hvar file will be loaded any time those aircraft are loaded.

John

12 hours ago, flightsimmer747 said:

edit 2, hvars loaded by just changing UseAirLocForHvars to Yes, 

Btw, if you did this in the FSUIPC_WASM.ini file located under your Community folder, this will get overwritten the next time you update FSUIPC7. Make sure that you have copied this file to your WASM persistent storage area so that this is preserved - see the Advanced User guide for details.

John

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Btw, if you did this in the FSUIPC_WASM.ini file located under your Community folder, this will get overwritten the next time you update FSUIPC7. Make sure that you have copied this file to your WASM persistent storage area so that this is preserved - see the Advanced User guide for details.

John

Thank you, i did that now 

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

The folder where the aircraft.cfg files for the FBW A320 are located are called:
    _FlyByWire_A320_NEO-LIVERY-XMAS
    FlyByWire_A320_NEO
    FlyByWire_A320_NEO-LIVERY
    ,,,(you may have more)
So if you have a hvar file called A320.hvar, then A320 is a substring match to those folder names, and so that hvar file will be loaded any time those aircraft are loaded.

John

Here is the thing my downloaded livery names do not show any of that therefore do not match, example a320 not there and for flybywire they wrote fbw. To my understanding this will not match at all, how many minimum characters need to be an exact match? Also where do i change the livery name myself, i dont know if i can simply change in my aircraft.cfg or somewhere or multiple places?

I hope i make sense im learning this all this week and read the whole manual.

I think changing the aircraft/livery name is not a good idea as any changes will get overwritten when you update. Just use multiple substrings, so that you catch each livery, e.g

[Profile.A320]
1=TAP-TNR
2=A320_NEO
3=fbw
4=whatever
5=etc

If you load an aircraft with a livery that is not matched,  just add it to the profile using the FSUIPC UI. Afterwards, you can look at the ini and change the full aircraft name. FSUIPC will only add full aircraft names to profiles, even when using UseAirLocForHvars - I will change this at some point to add the folder name instead...

This really isn't that complicated....

John