The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Calirations Dissapearing

PythonFlightSim

Hello,

I set up direct calibrations yesterday in MSFS through FSUIPC. I went in again today and found that all the calibrations were missing.

I did save everything to a profile called Test-1, but I am unable to load a profile as the profile checkbox is grayed out.

On a separate note, I am wondering if with MSFS having its own sensitivity window, whether FSUPIC calibrations are still fully necessary, or even cause conflicts with each other.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, PythonFlightSim said:

I set up direct calibrations yesterday in MSFS through FSUIPC

What does this mean? Did you calibrate in MSFS or FSUIPC?

I went in again today and found that all the calibrations were missing.

Calibration doesn't 'go missing'...

I did save everything to a profile called Test-1, but I am unable to load a profile as the profile checkbox is grayed out.

Profiles are loaded automatically when you load an aircraft that is assigned to a profile, and when a profile is used for an aircraft the profile checkbox in the axis panel will always be checked and disabled, and if you have profile-specific calibration that will also be checked and disabled. You can only change profile-specific checkbox for button assignments. It is not possible to manually load a profile - you can only assign an aircraft to a profile and these are loaded automatically.

And you always need to show me your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files if you are having issues with assignments or calibration. Please  attach them.

On a separate note, I am wondering if with MSFS having its own sensitivity window, whether FSUPIC calibrations are still fully necessary, or even cause conflicts with each other.

They are independent. If you assign in MSFS, you use the sensitivity windows in MSFS and such axes will not be calibrated in FSUIPC. It was previously possible to also calibrate in FSUIPC when assigned in MSFS, but this is broken since SU10 - I have raised a bug report on this with Asobo and am awaiting further information in this issue. If you want to calibrate in FSUIPC, then you have to assign with 'Direct to FSUIPC Calibration', and you cannot use the sensitivity oprions in MSFS when doing this.

John

• Upvote 1

Here is what I see when I am loaded in with the PMDG 738. Shouldn't those fields all be populated with what I assigned them with when I set them? For example, where do I quickly check the slope I set before, so I can tweak it? I check the profile button and selected the profile I had set up before, but still nothing populated.

ihKMw2e.png

This feedback might be more of a UX one again. I should be able to easily see whether the plane that is loaded has calibrations set in FSUIPC.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:30 AM, John Dowson said:

They are independent. If you assign in MSFS, you use the sensitivity windows in MSFS and such axes will not be calibrated in FSUIPC.

What do you mean? Does FSUIPC check to see if I customized MSFS settings? Wouldn't this prevent me from going back to FSUIPC calibrations once I modified MSFS ones?

Also, is there a way to toggle FSUIPC callibrations off, whilst still leaving it on and connected? Let's say I want to quickly switch from FSUIPC calibrations to MSFS ones (mainly for testing purposes). Reason being that I have an addon called PACX that needs it to work, so I don't just want to shut it down. Thanks!

3 hours ago, PythonFlightSim said:

Here is what I see when I am loaded in with the PMDG 738. Shouldn't those fields all be populated with what I assigned them with when I set them?

Yes, they should. Where have you installed FSUIPC? If you have installed under your windows Documents folder, or under any other windows-protected folder such as Profram Files, then please re-install into a different nin-windows protected folder and try again - you can copy across your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.key files (together with any *.lua, *.mcro or *.dll fies that you may use) to the new location.

Otherwise, please show me your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.

This feedback might be more of a UX one again. I should be able to easily see whether the plane that is loaded has calibrations set in FSUIPC.

Yes, you can....the calibration panel should show the calibration being used, whether it be profile-specific or not.

Does FSUIPC check to see if I customized MSFS settings? Wouldn't this prevent me from going back to FSUIPC calibrations once I modified MSFS ones?

No. As I said, they are independent. FSUIPC knows nothing about your MSFS assignments/calibration, and MSFS knows nothing about your FSUIPC assignments/calibration. You should only assign/calibrate any given axis in one place - either MSFS or FSUIPC, not both.

4 hours ago, PythonFlightSim said:

Also, is there a way to toggle FSUIPC callibrations off, whilst still leaving it on and connected? Let's say I want to quickly switch from FSUIPC calibrations to MSFS ones (mainly for testing purposes). Reason being that I have an addon called PACX that needs it to work, so I don't just want to shut it down. Thanks!

No, You can only calibrate in FSUIPC if assigned in FSUIPC with 'Send Direct to FSUIPC Calibration) (since SU10), and if you have assigned in FSUIPC then the axis should not be assigned in MSFS.

Also, as you are using FSUIPC7, this post should be in the FSUIPC7 support sub-forum. I will move it to the correct location.

John

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Where have you installed FSUIPC?

It was installed into the location it chose, which seems to be directly at C:/FSUIPC7.

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Otherwise, please show me your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.

What sort of personal information about my computer do these logs share?

Is it possible that it's not working because I am using a different livery for the 738?

34 minutes ago, PythonFlightSim said:

What sort of personal information about my computer do these logs share?

Only the email address you used for registration - you can remove that if you like (near the top).

35 minutes ago, PythonFlightSim said:

Is it possible that it's not working because I am using a different livery for the 738?

Yes, if the aircraft name with that livery is not a substring match to the aircraft names listed under the [Profile.xxx] (where xxx is the profile name) section of your FSUIPC7.ini. You can add each aircraft name with livery as you use them, but better to edit the aircraft names in the profile section so that the string matches the aircraft regardless if the livery used, Please see the User manual section on profiles.

John

• Upvote 1