The simFlight Network Forums

Pegasus Dont Connect

Novais75

That picture means nothing to me. I support FSUIPC, not whatever that is.
But, as that screenshot shows, do you have FSUIPC installed and running? If not, install it and run it and try again.

If your issue is that FSUIPC7 is not auto-starting with MSFS, see 

Otherwise, tell me what your issue is with FSUIPC7, otherwise I suggest you try the support for the program you are using. 

John

Hello! I am having the same Issue. No mather what, pegasus just does not want to connect. I know FSUIPC is running and connected (it says: "Simulator is available: Connected").

I tried launching the prgrams with- and without admin mode, before, and after simulator startup, reinstalling the programms... no luck.

Every time i try clicking the "start flight" button in pegasus, the FSUIPC console shows the following message. 

image.png.8a23d05cb8c7f36ab15c9fe98f74d9f6.pngf

After that, nothing happens and the pegasus connection error comes up.

I am out of ideas and would appreciate any help!

William

13 hours ago, WP3325 said:

I tried launching the prgrams with- and without admin mode,

All programs must be ran at the same privilege level, so if one program is ran in admin mode, then all programs, including the FS, must be ran in admin mode.

13 hours ago, WP3325 said:

Every time i try clicking the "start flight" button in pegasus, the FSUIPC console shows the following message. 

image.png.8a23d05cb8c7f36ab15c9fe98f74d9f6.pngf

This just shows that an external program with pid 17172 (is that Pegasus?) is reading those FSUIPC offsets:
    3304: FSUIPC version number:
    3308: FS version, as determined by FSUIPC
    3124: The specific version of FSX or P3D being used.
    290C: Number of Hot Joystick Button slots available for Application Programs to use
    320C: Number of Hot Key slots available for Application Programs to use.

If I log those offsets when FSUIPC7 is connected to MSFS I see these values:

185078 Monitor IPC:3304 (U32) = 0x73120001
   185078 Monitor IPC:3308 (U16) = 13
   185094 Monitor IPC:3124 (U8) = 110
   185094 Monitor IPC:290C (U32) = 56
   325641 Monitor IPC:320C (U32) = 56

Which are all correct (N.B. you will see  0x73110000 at offset 0x3304 if using the latest version).
This all seems correct to me, so if Pegasus cannot connect you need to contact support for Pegasus to see why.

I also have no idea what Pegasus is - do you have a link?

John

Hi John.

Pegasus is a flight recording ACARS program from vAMSYS. https://vamsys.co.uk/ You use it to send your flight repoert to the airline. In my case vEZY.

https://vamsys.io/resources/pegasus I think you have to be logged in with an VA to see this link...

Thak you for the help and explenation.

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

3124: The specific version of FSX or P3D being used

Do you mean by this, that this number shows the version of only FSX or P3D or any sim? Because i am using MSFS2020.

1 hour ago, WP3325 said:

Do you mean by this, that this number shows the version of only FSX or P3D or any sim? Because i am using MSFS2020.

The content of all offsets is documented in the offset status document - for 0x3124:

The specific version of the FS being used. Will contain 110 for MSFS2020. Set when connected to sim, and contains 0 when not connected, so can be used to determine connection status.

1 hour ago, WP3325 said:

Pegasus is a flight recording ACARS program from vAMSYS. https://vamsys.co.uk/ You use it to send your flight repoert to the airline. In my case vEZY.

https://vamsys.io/resources/pegasus I think you have to be logged in with an VA to see this link...

Ok, thanks. Looks like that is a payware/subscription service, so I can't help with that. You need to contact their support to see why it isn't connecting I'm afraid as there is nothing more I can do or suggest. FSUIPC is functioning as expected.

If you do get a response and a solution, please re-post here.

John

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If everything is running at the same privilege level, then you need to contact Pegasus support for this issue, I cannot support third party products.

As I have said many times now, I have nothing further to say on this topic. I will leave this topic open so that ither users can post any solutions found for this, but I will not be commenting again on this topic.

John

• 1 month later...

Good morning all.

Thank you for keeping this topic open.

As John pointed out, this is NOT a fsuipc issue. It has to do with the Pegaus client used by VAMSYS. VAMSYS is a hosting website for VAs (Virtual Airlines). As a result, this seemed related to FSUIPC.

Please refer to attachments...

Issue background/symtoms: One starts the simulator (such as P3Dv4/v5, or XP11/12), and one is unable to connect the Pegasus client (from VAMSYS) to monitor the flight for the VA. The error dialog box/splash screen, which seems to indicate that it is not unable to connect to the simulator. Hence, the initial suspicion to FSUIPC (since the relies on it).

Solution: The Pegasus client from VAMSYS, (possibly the bridge.exe), expects to use port 8090. If it is unable to use it or bind to it, it shows you the error above. It is an unhandled exception by them, and not at all verbose. Basically nothing handled by them.

How I figured it out (for my case):

1. Went into windows events (application related). I was able to correlate the event below, every time I tried to connect the Pegaus client to P3Dv5 (in my case):

Application: bridge.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Net.HttpListenerException
   at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
   at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
   at Pegasus_Bridge.Form1.runConfigServer()
   at Pegasus_Bridge.Form1..ctor()
   at Pegasus_Bridge.Program.Main()

2. I then went into the windows events, looking at the "system level" entries and found:

Unable to bind to the underlying transport for [::]:8090. The IP Listen-Only list may contain a reference to an interface which may not exist on this machine.  The data field contains the error number.

3. I opened the windows CMD window (as admin), and ran the following command: netstat -ano -p tcp

This should give you the ips and port numbers in use

4. The above command, showed IP: 0.0.0.0 holding port 8090. There was a processsor ID (PPID) assciated with it

5. Open task manager, and looked for the service with that PPID

6. In my case, it ended being a service being used by a company called Wonderhare Create solutions. More specifically, I had installed their video editing software called Filmora.

7. I ended the associated task/service, and the problem was solved.

8. Un-installed the offending software, Filmora, in my case, and restarted my machine

9. Ensured the port 8090 was free by repeating above steps.

I posted this problem at VAMSYS without any response. I will highlight this solution to them and suggest better exception handling on their side.

Hopefully this helps some fellow simmers! And avoids hours of troubleshooting!

Happy Flying!

Kind regards,

Fabio van Roon

Pegaus_5.jpg

Pegaus_4.jpg

Pegaus_3.jpg

Pegaus_2.jpg

Pegaus.jpg

fsuipc.jpg

• Like 1