The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC v4 Options and Setting Video Tutorial TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition?

*** Moved from User Contributions sub-forum to main support forum **

I am speaking as an older not computer literate older person.  I have been trying to set up the controls for my TCA Captains Pack Airbus Addition for about 2 weeks without limited success.

Just when I think I've got it...NOPE!  Example setting the flaps.  I sort of have the flaps to work. They will go from none to full, but I can't figure out how to step them down one setting at a time.  Same with the spoilers.  Throttle seems to be ok with the exception that when full it changes the view from cockpit to outside.

YES I have looked on youtube.  The problem there is, it seems, no one does a step by step from point a to point z.  Most of what I have seen appears to leave out steps or doesn't cover every step.

and YES I have the users manually printed out and and in front of me. But again, not being that knowledgeable on computers it is a bit technical for me.

Since FSUIPC is something that a person buys maybe those that designer this could do a step by step or at least "dumb down" the user's guide for those of us who are not that bright. 

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First, you posted in the User Contributions sub-forum where it explicitly states Not for support requests. You also don't say what aircraft you are using. Many add-on aircraft can use custom controls and/or lvars, rather than the standard controls provided by the FS.

If you want help with specific assignments, please attach your FSUIPC ini and log files, the latter generated showing your issue and with relevant logging enabled (e.g. usually axis controls for axes assignment issues and events (non-axis controls) for buttons a & key assignments).

On 10/8/2022 at 1:10 AM, Metrowestflyer said:

Since FSUIPC is something that a person buys maybe those that designer this could do a step by step or at least "dumb down" the user's guide for those of us who are not that bright. 

I provide extensive documentation. FSUIPC is a product that work with an huge range of controllers and all aircraft, and the configuration of each controller can be different for each aircraft and for each persons' preference. It is just not possible for me to provide specific guides for each controller or aircraft. There are plenty of guides for specific issues in the User Contributions and FAQ section, and I think there are also several user-posted videos on youtube on various issues.

You posted this in a topic 'Max Throttle causes sim to change to outside view using P3D v4':

When I push the throttles to max power the view changes to outside anyone know how to fix that?  Happens with every aircraft I use. (not sure but this may be a request for support).

You again posted in the User Contributions sun-forum. I have deleted that post. This is the second time - the next time your posts will just be deleted.

As for your issue, I have already told you what you need to do: If you want help with specific assignments, please attach your FSUIPC ini and log files, the latter generated showing your issue and with relevant logging enabled e.g. usually axis controls for axes assignment issues and events (non-axis controls) for buttons a & key assignments. For your issue, activate logging for both.

Also, check your assignments in FSX - if assigning in FSUIPC, we recommend disabling controllers completely in the FS.