The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with Saitek throttle lever

chickster25

Hi John

This may be an issue you know about but I am getting confused with all the updates so decided to open an issue for guidance.

I am on MSFS SU10 with FSUIPC v11

I went to fly the FBWA320 and noticed that my throttle lever did not work, even though it had before SU10. I checked FSUIPC and found that I had option "Send to FS as normal Axis" and it would detect movement of the lever. The joystick calibration screen for throttle was also blank and would not detect any movement. Although after resetting, despite the joystick calibration screen still showing blank, the MSFS the throttle then appeared to work and the in game throttle levers moved in line with real inputs, but I have no idea of the calibration settings. 

After reading other posts here, I saw a notice to set the throttle as "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration". I did this and set the option for Throttle - I could now set the joystick calibration screen as movement was detected.

But when I returned to MSFS, it is not picking any movement and the ingame levers do not move either so there is no throttle?

So neither option is really working and I am not sure if the issue is now at my end or if there is a problem that is still under investigation?

thanks

9 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

I went to fly the FBWA320 and noticed that my throttle lever did not work, even though it had before SU10. I checked FSUIPC and found that I had option "Send to FS as normal Axis" and it would detect movement of the lever. The joystick calibration screen for throttle was also blank and would not detect any movement. Although after resetting, despite the joystick calibration screen still showing blank, the MSFS the throttle then appeared to work and the in game throttle levers moved in line with real inputs, but I have no idea of the calibration settings. 

After reading other posts here, I saw a notice to set the throttle as "Send direct to FSUIPC calibration". I did this and set the option for Throttle - I could now set the joystick calibration screen as movement was detected.

But when I returned to MSFS, it is not picking any movement and the ingame levers do not move either so there is no throttle?

So neither option is really working and I am not sure if the issue is now at my end or if there is a problem that is still under investigation?

Since the release of SU10, it is no longer possible to use FSUIPC's calibration facilities if not assigning with 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration', so when assigning using 'Send to FS as normal axis' you can no longer use FSUIPC's calibration facilities. I have raised this with Asobo but am still awaiting a reply to see what has changed in SU10 and if anthything can be done about this.

The problem with the FBW A320 when assigning using 'Direct to FSUIPC Calibration' is that the throttle axis used with this option is not recognised. You therefore cannot use this and so you must assign using 'Send to FS as normal axis', as you were previously using, but you will have no calibration. You can use FSUIPC's scaling functionality on the axis (which includes reversing, if needed), but further calibration is not possible. However, you can use the calibration facilities provided by the FBW A320 itself, available from the flypad. This will create a ThrottleCondiguration.ini file - someone posted one of these for use with FSUIPC that you can use as a starting point in this post: 

Also, for throttle configuration via the flypad, see the video posted in this post:

John