The simFlight Network Forums

There seems to be duplicate copies. ERROR

*** Moved from User Contributions sub-forum to main support forum ***

Hello

I have prepar3d v4. I installed FSUIPC 6.  When I start prepar3d I get the following error "There seems to be a duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed, or another running ....."

When prepar3d opens, it shows 2 menus, one with version 5.157 and the latest 6.xxx. 

How do I remove the version 5?   I did a search for fsuipc5.dll and could not find it.

I also have FSX and F9 installed.

Thanks

Will 

DUPLICATE.jpg

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First, you posted in the User Contributions sub-forum where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. Did you not see this? This is happening a lot and I do not understand why - can you explain and let me know what I can do to stop this?

As for your issue, you obviously have both FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC6 installed, which is very strange. Usually FSUIPC5 is detected and uninstalled when you install FSUIPC6, unless you previously converted your FSUIPC5 installation to use the add-on.xml method, in which case you need to manually remove it. Check your Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder and see what is there - if there is an FSUIPC5 folder then remove it. Also check your Modules folder, if that exists then FSUIPC5 should be installed there.

Otherwise, please show me your InstallFSUIPC6.log file together with any FSUIPC5.log and/or FSUIPC6.log files that are generated.

John

I'm so sorry Mr Dowson for posting in the wrong forum.  When I created the post it gave me several options in a drop down menu to chose from. None of the options made sense.  Maybe if you rename one of the drop down menus to  "POST HERE FOR FSUIPC PROBLEMS", then people might do it right.  

You were correct, I found all the FSUIPC5 files in the MODULES. I deleted them all and it is fixed now.

Thank you

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Will Romualdo said:

When I created the post it gave me several options in a drop down menu to chose from. None of the options made sense.  Maybe if you rename one of the drop down menus to  "POST HERE FOR FSUIPC PROBLEMS", then people might do it right.  

I am not sure what you are referring to here.... I do not see any drop-down menus. Topics are always created in the forum you are looking at when you click the 'Start new topic' button. You just need to be in the correct forum (one without the text NOT for support request) which is either the main top-level forum (this one) or the specific FSUIPC7 sub-forum.

4 hours ago, Will Romualdo said:

You were correct, I found all the FSUIPC5 files in the MODULES. I deleted them all and it is fixed now.

Ok, glad its sorted.

Cheers,

John