The simFlight Network Forums

i enter the pasword that i have and it says sorry not a valid 12 character key

account Dimitrios MIRASGETIS  there is a problem when i try to  enter the key that i have it says ''sorry not a valid 12 character key'' . i check with my order in simmarket and it is exaxctly the key i enter manualy (no copy pate). Maybe this is because fsuipc  it was installed in my other computer and now i want to install it to my laptop? if so how can unistall from the other computer ( the whole flight sim is unistalled already from the other computer) .Please can you assist ?

All installer tasks completed.
Registration dialog exit: selected  FSUIPC REGISTER
Providing FSUIPC registration dialogue ...
Registration for FSUIPC4 was cancelled or failed! (result code 40)

Edited by DIMITRIOS MIRASGETIS

There is no problem installing FSUIPC4 on multiple computers. If the registration validation is failing - and you have already registered with the same details, then you must be entering them incorrectly. Note that all 3 components must match - your email address, name and key. You can also just copy your FSUIPC4.key file across from your original installation to the laptop and use that.

One other possible cause could be out-dated VC++ redistributables. You can check what VC++ redistributables are installed and maybe download and install the latest combined package from https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170 - make sure you uninstall any of the 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2022 ones already installed before installing this combined package.

If your issue persists, please let me know your FSUIPC4 order number and I will check your details here - but if they have previously validated ok, there really shouldn't be an issue.

John