The simFlight Network Forums

Can not calibrate axissteeringtiller

Hi

I have issue on the above title.  I have searched this forum with key words of "steeringtiller calibration" but could not find related topic.  Could you please let me have any suggestion to solve it.

Excerpt of INI file is attached.

My sim is P3D V5.3 HF2 on win 11.    FSUIPC is 6109 registered.

Hardwares for the control are Saitek yoke, Rudder, and Leobondar BU0836A.  

Controls in P3D sim option are disabled.  Then, aileron, elevator, rudder, throttle and brakes are assigned through FSUIPC as FS control.  As for the jet like Quality wing 787, PMDG 738, and 777, axis steeringtiller is added.

All signals are brought through BU0836A.

Along with FSUIPC, Spad.next is used for other controls and switches.   All controls assigned in FSUIPC are eliminated from Spad's assignment.

Problems is;

All the signals except steeringtiller, are assigned and well operated in the sim.

As for the sttering tiller, I could make the assignment "Axis steering set" and could see changing figures according to the steering signal through BU0836A in "Axis Assignmet" tab of FSUIPC.  

However, switched "to Joystick Calibration" tab, no figure change on "Steering Tiller".   Therefore I could not calibrate for steering tiller.

I have tried to have flight as it was, steering could be managed but neutral position was off set, and direction was oppsite (right turn signal makes vehicle turn to left) since no calibration.

Any advice would be very helpful for me, thank you in advance.

Moto

FSUIPC_INI_ex.txt

3 hours ago, shibe said:

Excerpt of INI file is attached.

Please always attach the full FSUIPC6.ini file, not extracts.

3 hours ago, shibe said:

However, switched "to Joystick Calibration" tab, no figure change on "Steering Tiller".   Therefore I could not calibrate for steering tiller.
I have tried to have flight as it was, steering could be managed but neutral position was off set, and direction was oppsite (right turn signal makes vehicle turn to left) since no calibration.

I will take a look and get back to you. In the mean-time, you can reverse the steering tiller axis by using FSUIPC's axis scaling functionality. To do this, change your teering tiller assignment line(s) in your FSUIPC6.ini file:

6=2S,256,F,68043,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_STEERING_SET }-

to the following:

6=2S,256,F,68043,0,0,0,*-1    -{ TO SIM: AXIS_STEERING_SET }-

i.e. add ,*-1 to the line which will scale the axis by multiplying by -1, i.e. it will be reversed.

John