The simFlight Network Forums

Does FSUIPC fix the sensitivity issue in MSFS?

Kalnon

I have a Honeycomb Alpha flight yoke and for MSFS I'm having a hard time setting up the sensitivity so that it feels more realistic.  If I set the yoke sensitivity, especially for the roll axis, just using the in game sensitivity settings to match the VC yoke, airplanes feel way too twitchy and oversensitive.  I did some web searches and found a bunch of people trying to figure this out but no one seems to have found any real solutions in all the different forum posts I've read except to turn the sensitivity way down.  Of course, then it doesn't match the VC yoke which I find extremely annoying.  I want the aircraft to respond as realistically as possible to yoke inputs and I am just wondering if using FSUIPC 7 to set up the yoke axis's works better would make the aircraft feel more realistic than using just the in game settings?  I do not own it yet but if it does, I will definitely buy it.

I do use FSUPIC 4 for FSX:SE and FSUIPC 6 for P3Dv5 and I have no issues with yoke sensitivity and using FSUIPC to set up my yoke in those sims.  It feels realistic and it actually matches the VC yoke.  All I have to do is adjust the sensitivity setting within FSUIPC to match the yoke of whatever plane I'm flying at it feels perfect.  I just want to know if FSUIPC 7 would do the same for MSFS that it does for FSX and P3D?

The calibration facilities in FSUIPC7 are the same as in other versions of FSUIPC. There is a trial license available in a sticky post at the top of this sub-forum you can download to try the registered facilities.

To reduce the sensitivity of an axis, you can also edit the FSUIPC ini file to manually increase the axis range (by editing the calibration entry). This can dramatically change the sensitivity, but you will use the full range of the axis,  For example, this is my Aileron calibration entry:
    Aileron=-16384,-600,600,16383
If I change this to:
    Aileron=-22384,-600,600,22383
That would make the aileron less sensitive, but you would lose the ability to set 100% deflection - max would be 16384/22384, so about 73%.
Combining this with a suitable calibration slope can be used to get better sensitivity, although you may also want to do this individually for each aircraft (i.e. in a profile).

John

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

The calibration facilities in FSUIPC7 are the same as in other versions of FSUIPC. There is a trial license available in a sticky post at the top of this sub-forum you can download to try the registered facilities.

To reduce the sensitivity of an axis, you can also edit the FSUIPC ini file to manually increase the axis range (by editing the calibration entry). This can dramatically change the sensitivity, but you will use the full range of the axis,  For example, this is my Aileron calibration entry:
    Aileron=-16384,-600,600,16383
If I change this to:
    Aileron=-22384,-600,600,22383
That would make the aileron less sensitive, but you would lose the ability to set 100% deflection - max would be 16384/22384, so about 73%.
Combining this with a suitable calibration slope can be used to get better sensitivity, although you may also want to do this individually for each aircraft (i.e. in a profile).

John

Thank you so much John!  I will give the trial a try first then and see how it goes.  From your answer to my question, I have a good feeling FSUIPC 7 is exactly what I need to give me more control on adjusting sensitivity.  I really appreciate the info on how to change sensitivity in the .ini file, I had no idea I could do that.  I will probably be tinkering with those values a lot I have a feeling.  As I said before, I have never been able to get airplanes to feel right when using my yoke in MSFS and for that reason, I haven't used MSFS a lot.  FSX, P3Dv5 and X-Plane 11 and 12 feel much more realistic to me.  I hope FSUIPC will help, it certainly did for FSX and P3D.  Thank you for your time and all your efforts that allows me to use those sims to their full potential.