The simFlight Network Forums

"PMDG call dispatch thread running" and sim freeze

Hi all,

I am experiencing frequent freezing with the sim (latest SU11 and latest FSUIPC v7.3.15).  The game sound continues, but the graphics are frozen (task manager shows ...unresponsive).  The sim eventually recovers, but the freeze can be anywhere from 2mins - 5mins.  I notice also that more often than not, whenver the sim freezes the last line of the fsuipc log is : 'PMDG call dispatch thread running'.  I have tried searching the PMDG and MSFS forums for that phrase but not much luck.  Can anyone shed some light on what is going on there?

For the avoidance of doubt, the sim also freezes with the FBW A320 and other default/non-default aircraft so I know it is not limited to the PMDG 737-700.

17 hours ago, Hilkiah Lavinier said:

I notice also that more often than not, whenver the sim freezes the last line of the fsuipc log is : 'PMDG call dispatch thread running'.  I have tried searching the PMDG and MSFS forums for that phrase but not much luck.  Can anyone shed some light on what is going on there?

That is just an informational message indicating that FSUIPC has detected that the PMDG 737 is loaded and the thread that handles the PMDG data offset population is started. It will have nothing to do with your sim freeze issue.

FSUIPC will/should have nothing to do with this issue at all - you can try without FSUIPC7 running and you should get the same problem.

John