The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC cause CTD MSFS SU11

Richard Lam

I have been very frustrated to a continuous CTD after SU 11 update, after all intensive investigation, i finally found it wont CTD if FSUIPC is not loaded.

I then update to latest version 7.3.15. still CTD within from 1 min - 30 min after flight loaded up.  Many people are having CTD issues with SU11 but no one discover this yet, any idea for solution and appreciate if FSUIPC will acknowledge this problem.

There are many posts from users saying the FSUIPC is causing MSFS to CTD (with different MSFS versions) and my answer is always the same. I am not going to repeat myself on this topic again - please search for the similar posts where I have replied to this accusation at length. I will also create a FAQ entry on this issue in the next few days and will post a link in this topic when done.

10 hours ago, Richard Lam said:

any idea for solution and appreciate if FSUIPC will acknowledge this problem.

No. FSUIPC7 is a separate application and in no way should cause MSFS to CTD. If MSFS CTDs, it is a problem for Asobo, even if this only occurs with FSUIPC, as it will be a SimConnect issue on the server side if MSFS is crashing. However, I doubt very much if this is the issue. Many many users are using FSUIPC7 with SU11 without suffering CTDs. I suggest you check the Asobo forums and report to Asobo if MSFS is crashing. Check your windows event log and submit the crash report to Asobo.

The only possible way that FSUIPC7 could cause MSFS to CTD was if this was caused by the FSUIPC WASM module. If this did cause such issues, it would certainly have been reported by many other users, so I really don't think this is the cause - but you can always test with the WASM removed from your Community folder.

John

On 11/19/2022 at 11:56 PM, John Dowson said:

There are many posts from users saying the FSUIPC is causing MSFS to CTD (with different MSFS versions) and my answer is always the same. I am not going to repeat myself on this topic again - please search for the similar posts where I have replied to this accusation at length. I will also create a FAQ entry on this issue in the next few days and will post a link in this topic when done.

No. FSUIPC7 is a separate application and in no way should cause MSFS to CTD. If MSFS CTDs, it is a problem for Asobo, even if this only occurs with FSUIPC, as it will be a SimConnect issue on the server side if MSFS is crashing. However, I doubt very much if this is the issue. Many many users are using FSUIPC7 with SU11 without suffering CTDs. I suggest you check the Asobo forums and report to Asobo if MSFS is crashing. Check your windows event log and submit the crash report to Asobo.

The only possible way that FSUIPC7 could cause MSFS to CTD was if this was caused by the FSUIPC WASM module. If this did cause such issues, it would certainly have been reported by many other users, so I really don't think this is the cause - but you can always test with the WASM removed from your Community folder.

John

thanks for your reply.  In order to remove FSUIPC WASM as advised, i found two files name consist of WASM inside a folder "fsuipc-lvar-module", is it just to remove them?

5 hours ago, Richard Lam said:

In order to remove FSUIPC WASM as advised, i found two files name consist of WASM inside a folder "fsuipc-lvar-module", is it just to remove them?

Just move the entire fsuipc-lvar-module module folder out if your Community folder. However, thinkin about this a bit more, that also cannot/should not caise MSFS to CTD, as WASM modules are sandboxed (that is the whole point if them!) and so if they crash, they should stop working and MSFS should continue. I really think your problem lies else where...

John