The simFlight Network Forums

Axis Stops Working when Button Assigned

ZiZiL

Alright. I am having this weird problem with FSUIPC 7.3.15. I use the honeycomb throttle and yoke. First, I assigned all of my axis' throttle, mixture, elevator etc. Everything works just fine. Where things get weird is that when I assign a button or a switch which seems to break axis inputs. For example, if I assign a light switch on the yoke, as soon as I assign a single one, the yoke (elevator, aileron) stops working. Same thing with the throttle quadrant as well. As soon as I assign on of the switches on the quadrant on anything, throttle, mixture axis stops working. I am using the latest version of MSFS. Any clues?

Thx

Can you please show me your FSUIPC7.ini file, and an FSUIPC7.log file showing your issue, i.e. activate logging for Axes Controls, load an aircraft that has an assigned axis that isn't working, move that axis through its full range and back, then exit FSUIPC7 before attaching the FSUIPC7.log (you can compress/zip it if too large to attach directly).

John

Hey John!
It looks like I had a similar problem after updating to version 7.3.15. But fully reinstalling didn't help me.
I will describe my problem.
The throttle axis is assigned to me through the control options in the simulator. All other controls work through fsuipc.
When running fsuipc, all buttons and switches work but the throttle axis is in place (but the sound of the engine changes).
As soon as I completely exit the fsuipc, the throttle axis is fully restored (but all the buttons and switches do not work without the fsuipc).
I tried different options to reconfigure the control, but nothing helped!
I removed the control profile in the simulator and assigned the throttle axis directly to fsuipc - it doesn't work!
I deleted fsuipc.ini and then ran fsuipc and then the axis works (with new/clean fsuipc.ini). But as soon as I return fsuipc.ini with my settings, the throttle axis again does not want to work.
Any ideas?
Files fsuipc.ini and fsuipc.log are attached.

With all respect, Andrew.

P.S. I forgot to say. I upgraded from 7.3.8 to 7.3.15.
In version 7.3.8 everything worked fine!

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

You have the throttle calibrated in FSUIPC:
  Throttle=-16384,16383/8
  Throttle1=-16384,-16384,-16384,16383/8
Even when assigned in MSFS, FSUIPC will still calibrate if you have that enabled. Try deleting those lines from your FSUIPC7.ini file (when FSUIPC7 is not running) - under [JoystickCalibration], and try again.

Can you also try with a different aircraft. There are known issues with the throttle visuals in the TBM930 - there are several reports on this already.
If you still get issues, can you activate logging for Axes Controls, load an aircraft and move the throttle through its full range and then exit, and show me both those files again.

John

John, thanks for such a quick response!
I deleted those two lines

Throttle=-16384,16383/8
  Throttle1=-16384,-16384,-16384,16383/8

in FSUIPC7.ini and that solved the problem.

I did not know about such an effect of calibration on the behavior of the control!

38 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

There are known issues with the throttle visuals in the TBM930 - there are several reports on this already.

Yes, John, I know about it. TBM930 had such a problem in earlier versions of the mod. But now it's all right.
Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!!

With all respect, Andrew.

No problem. To clarify what the issue was, the TBM930 has issues with the throttle when controlled externally via the SDK/SimConnect. The throttle does work, but the throttle animation in the VC does not work. When you assign the throttle un MSFS, there is no such issue. However, if you still have the throttle calibrated in FSUIPC (but assigned in MSFS), FSUIPC will take the throttle input from MSFS and mask it (i.e. not let the sim act upon the event) and then re-sends the calibrated value, thus the input for the throttle is still going via the SDK/Simconnect, and the animation will again be broken.

Cheers,

John