The simFlight Network Forums

FSUICP7-bindings VS built-in controls in MSFS2020

Goran Linder

I use both a yoke (Saitek) and a Logitech joystick (for the rudder and groundsteering. No pedals yet). I also use MSFS 2020 and just bought PMDG 737-800 and have big problems with the controls inside the sim. I want to try FSUIPC7 before I do a complete clean reinstallation of MSFS2020 and PMDG 737-800.

If I want to use FSUICP7 to bind my ailerons, rudder and thrustlevers (to start with), do I have to clear (disable) all the built-in controls in MSFS? Perhaps the answer is in the manual or in this thread somewhere, but I couln´t find it.

Goran Linder

16 minutes ago, Goran Linder said:

If I want to use FSUICP7 to bind my ailerons, rudder and thrustlevers (to start with), do I have to clear (disable) all the built-in controls in MSFS?

Yes - otherwise you would have the axes assigned in two places, and both would be trying to control the aircraft.
You can just delete the assignments in MSFS for those that you want to assign in FSUIPC, but I would recommend you start with an empty profile in MSFS for your controller/device if assigning everything (or almost) in FSUIPC. If you create a new profile for your device/controller in MSFS, it will be empty by default, so start with that.

John

Hello again. I´ve cleared all the built in controlls in MSFS and downloaded latest version of FSUIPC7 (7.3.15). It starts fine when I start MSFS and

I can make it show up with "Alt+F", so that is not a problem, but. The menubar in FSUIPC7 doesn´t include "Assignments" so I can´t bind any axes or buttons.

It doesn´t seem to recognize my yoke or my joystick or what?

I mean to use the paid for version later but I wanted to try first. I couldn´t complete the registration so I typed in name and email only.

Any tip?

/Goran Linder

6 minutes ago, Goran Linder said:

The menubar in FSUIPC7 doesn´t include "Assignments" so I can´t bind any axes or buttons.

It doesn´t seem to recognize my yoke or my joystick or what?

I mean to use the paid for version later but I wanted to try first. I couldn´t complete the registration so I typed in name and email only.

Any tip?

Assignment facilities are only available in the registered version. There is a trial license available to test these facilities before purchasing, available from a sticky post at the top of this forum, here: 

Unfortunately the current license has just expired. I will update this license tomorrow (or maybe later this evening), so please check then.

John

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Assignment facilities are only available in the registered version. There is a trial license available to test these facilities before purchasing, available from a sticky post at the top of this forum, here: 

Unfortunately the current license has just expired. I will update this license tomorrow (or maybe later this evening), so please check then.

John

Ok, didn´t realize that. I´ll wait till tonight for a valid triallicense and try again. Thanks

/Goran Linder