The simFlight Network Forums

FBW A32NX functions not in buttons dropdown list

ON4KN

Hello John,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I've been searching the forum but didn't find a comparing topic.  A few months ago I had issues how to program buttons on my TCA for the FBW (switching Batt1 & 2 on/off).  With your help I could solve my issues and the buttons have been working until today.  I updated FSUIPC to the current version and my buttons no longer work.  I checked the ini file and all settings with A32NX were gone (I don't know what happened).  So I tried to reinstall them but in the assignments/buttons dropdown list but all the A32NX functions are gone.  My questions are :

- has there been something wrong during the update ?  If yes, do I have to uninstall and reinstall FSUIPC from scratch to get them back in the dropdown list ?

- if the A32NX functions are no longer available in the current version, where can I download the latest FSUIPC version which still contain these functions ?

- If the A32NX functions are no longer available in the current version, do I have to reprogram the buttons with the Huphop presets as best solution (if I can't download an older version) ?

Many thanks for your support and have a nice weekend.

Peter

Hi Peter,

1 hour ago, ON4KN said:

I updated FSUIPC to the current version and my buttons no longer work.  I checked the ini file and all settings with A32NX were gone (I don't know what happened). 

This implies that you re-installed FSUIPC7 into a different folder than your original installation. All your FSUIPC7 settings are stored in your FSUIPC7.ini file. If you install in a new location, you have to copy that file across to the new installation folder. Note that FSUIPC7 will create a new FSUIPC7.ini file if there is no such file in the installation folder (and this will be empty, i.e. contain no assignments) when you run it for the first time. This file is not touched by the FSUIPC7 installer, either when you install or uninstall.

1 hour ago, ON4KN said:

So I tried to reinstall them but in the assignments/buttons dropdown list but all the A32NX functions are gone.

Not sure what you mean by 'functions' - do you mean presets? If they are not available, then this implies that you have either not installed the WASM module or you have not enabled the WASM.

1 hour ago, ON4KN said:

- has there been something wrong during the update ? 

Yes, obviously I would have thought...

1 hour ago, ON4KN said:

If yes, do I have to uninstall and reinstall FSUIPC from scratch to get them back in the dropdown list ?

You can try that, but I really don't understand what you have done. Check if you can find your original FSUIPC7.ini file, the one with your settings, Then re-run the installer and install into that folder.

1 hour ago, ON4KN said:

- if the A32NX functions are no longer available in the current version, where can I download the latest FSUIPC version which still contain these functions ?

Assuming you mean presets when you say functions, these come from the events.txt file (in your FSUIPC7 installation folder), and the WASM module must be installed and active.

2 hours ago, ON4KN said:

- If the A32NX functions are no longer available in the current version, do I have to reprogram the buttons with the Huphop presets as best solution (if I can't download an older version) ?

No "functions" have been removed...

You need to find where your original installation folder was, and either re-install into that folder or copy across any files that you use (FSUIPC7.ini, FSUIPC7.key, *.lua, *.mcro, *.dll) to the new installation location.

I really don't understand why you are having so many issues. Re-installation of FSUIPC7 is really very easy - you just download the latest version, unzip the file, run the installer (no need to uninstall first - the installer will prompt for this) and just accept the defaults and click Ok in each window until you get to the registration window, which you can skip. It is designed to be easy....or so I thought...

Any further issues, please at least show me/attach your InstallFSUIPC7.log file and a FSUIPC7.log file.

John

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your fast reply.

As soon as started reading your answers, I knew that I shouldn't have to write you about my issues.  All my programmed buttons are working again, all is resolved !!  Stupid me 🙄🥴.

I actually didn't remove and reinstalled FSUIPC.  I always update with the installer which remove the old and add the new files files, as you discribed.  So that couldn't be the issue.

About the "functions" I meant the presets, and here you are right.  So I restarted how to reprogram the buttons but unexpected I saw "Select for Preset".  And there I was wrong, I selected "Select for FS control".  Thát's the reason why I couldn't find the A32NX presets.  After selecting Presets, I knew that I was on the right way and within a few minutes it was all done.  I only had to search to get the bat1 & 2 buttons working again.  I had to select "OVHD ELEC BATTERY 1 TOGGLE" instead of "A32NX OH ELEC BAT1 TOG", same for bat2 and that's quiet confusing.  Anyway all is back as before, except that I don't know how it could happen.

Best regards and again excuse me for disturbing you with my faults.  You may close this topic as resolved.

Peter