The simFlight Network Forums

Still Have Jumpy Throttle

iflygary

Hi,

I was having a very serious issue with my throttle being very jumpy. It would constantly advance to full throttle while taxiing at low idle, or during landing.  I bought a new Saitek throttle quadrant thinking this was the issue. The new throttle has helped tremendously, but I'm still getting occasional spikes of the throttle.  I've attached my .ini file for review.  Any suggestions as to why this is happening?  I have gone through the calibration process for the throttle.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

FSUIPC7.ini

You have your throttle assigned to two controllers:

10=CZ,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
11=DX,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-

This is always a bad idea. Remove one of those assignments .

Also in some profiles:

[Axes.King air]
11=DX,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
12=DY,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-

[Axes.Twin Otter]
9=CZ,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
10=DX,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
11=DY,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-

[Axes.navion]
5=AZ,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
13=DZ,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-

Also check the throttle isn't also assigned in MSFS.

Any further issues, attach your FSUIPC7.log file, generated with logging for Axes Controls activated, together with your updated FSUIPC7.ini file.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

You have your throttle assigned to two controllers:

This is always a bad idea. Remove one of those assignments .

Also in some profiles:

Also check the throttle isn't also assigned in MSFS.

Any further issues, attach your FSUIPC7.log file, generated with logging for Axes Controls activated, together with your updated FSUIPC7.ini file.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.  Let me make certain that I understand you.  You said I have my throttle assigned to two controllers....I have the main profile set up whereas I use the throttle, prop pitch and mixture set up to use the one quadrant/controller only.  Then, I have other specific profiles set up where I use both quadrant/controllers for flying twins.  Are you saying I have accidentally added an additional throttle setting on top of these two profiles? Also, what is the best way to remove the extra throttle assignment?

Kind regards,

Gary

On 12/3/2022 at 1:41 PM, iflygary said:

You said I have my throttle assigned to two controllers...

Yes - and I showed you, e.g.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:59 AM, John Dowson said:

11=DX,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
12=DY,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-

There you have throttle assigned to Z axis on device C, as well as on X, Y axis (for separate engines) on device D.
Please re-read my original reply, and, as I said, once you have fixed that, and have checked/cleared your MSFS assignments, if you still get issues I need to see your .ini and .log files, with appropriate logging activated.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 3:22 AM, John Dowson said:

Yes - and I showed you, e.g.

There you have throttle assigned to Z axis on device C, as well as on X, Y axis (for separate engines) on device D.
Please re-read my original reply, and, as I said, once you have fixed that, and have checked/cleared your MSFS assignments, if you still get issues I need to see your .ini and .log files, with appropriate logging activated.

John

Hi John,

I corrected the issues that you spoke of.  Everything seemed to be working fine. Until two days ago and then the throttle axis only started to jump around and advance all on it's own. Here is something else that I found to be very interesting.  I spend lots of time flying the 40th Edition Beaver.  When the controls start to act up, the flap settings for this aircraft do not work properly.  It will skip many of the settings.  I have attached the files you requested.  Please let me know anything else I should do.

Kind regards,

Gary

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

6 hours ago, iflygary said:

Until two days ago and then the throttle axis only started to jump around

And what happened 2 days ago?

Looking at your ini, it is EXACTLY the same problem as before - you have your throttle assigned to multiple controllers and axes - this is your general axes assignments:

5=AZ,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
11=DX,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-

i.e. you have a throttle axis assigned to your Saitek Pro Flight Yoke (A), T.Flight Hotas X (C) and your Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant (D). You must have assigned these!

Some of your axes profile assignments also have the same issue.

And you also have multiple assignments to Aileron and Elevator. There is no need to assign the flight control axes to multiple controllers, and, as I have already said, this can cause issues.

Can you please check this yourself if you get such issues before asking for help...

If you want to use different controllers for different aircraft, then use profiles.

John

On 12/14/2022 at 1:18 PM, John Dowson said:

And what happened 2 days ago?

Looking at your ini, it is EXACTLY the same problem as before - you have your throttle assigned to multiple controllers and axes - this is your general axes assignments:

i.e. you have a throttle axis assigned to your Saitek Pro Flight Yoke (A), T.Flight Hotas X (C) and your Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant (D). You must have assigned these!

Some of your axes profile assignments also have the same issue.

And you also have multiple assignments to Aileron and Elevator. There is no need to assign the flight control axes to multiple controllers, and, as I have already said, this can cause issues.

Can you please check this yourself if you get such issues before asking for help...

If you want to use different controllers for different aircraft, then use profiles.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your replies.  I went back in and cleaned everything up.  With MSFS being so much more complex than FSX and P3D, I had to take a bit more time setting everything set up.  All is well and working just perfectly now. I assigned profiles to aircraft with different throttle and control settings such as taildraggers, twins, etc.  Thanks for all of your help😊

Gary

Hello John,
I unfortunately have the same problem, my throttle jumps back and forth.
I have deleted all agreements in both MSFS and FSUIPC, but have had no success so far.
I tried to follow your advice above, but I don't have anything like that in the INI.
I've attached these.
It would be nice if you could help me.

FSUIPC7.ini

Your ini shows that you only have one assignment, which is the throttle assigned with 'Direct to FSUIPC Calibration' but you have not calibrated your throttle assignment. Please do this and try again - you must calibrate in FSUIPC if assigned in this way. Your calibration section is also empty apart from a RudderBlendLowest parameter - did you manually remove the other parameters?

Please calibrate and try again. If you still get issues, please show me your updated FSUIPC7.ini and your FSUIPC7.log file, generated with logging for Axes Controls activated, load an aircraft and move the throttlle through its full range and back again and then exit FSUIPC before attaching your files. 

John