The simFlight Network Forums

How to write the value of Lvar to offset with 1000 increments and back

wif

I am at the beginning of lua scripting. Sorry for my question. I did a lot of reading and trying, but without success.

I have a registered  FUSIPC vers 4.997, FSX:SE and its a Carenado Citation CJ2 aircraft. I'm trying to set the target altitude at 1000 increments.  At the moment, I trigger the file with a button press assignment via FSUIPC.  In the future I will running this with an rotary encoder via mobiflight. I do not clearly understand the parameter. I figured out, e.g. 5000 in the parameter field brings 5000 ft target altitude. In which form or style I have to fill in this value to make the 1000 increments with each button press or have I put the parameter value to the roatary encoder in the mobiflight assigment?

I have tried with this code

function Alt_Presel_inc ()
    a = ipc.readLvar("L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH") -- get the state of the Lvar
    ipc.writeUW("66C0", a) -- save the state of the Lvar in the offset 0x66C0
    a = a + 1000 -- add 1000 not sure if this is the right place
    end

event.Lvar("L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH", 100, "Alt_Presel_inc") -- monitoring the Lvar

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Best regards

Franz

FSUIPC4.ini Alt_Inc.lua

21 hours ago, wif said:

correction -- FSUIPC Vers. 4.976

The latest, and only supported version, is 4.977. I don't think there are any functional changes between these versions, just built using a later windows toolkit.

On 12/19/2022 at 1:48 AM, wif said:

function Alt_Presel_inc ()
    a = ipc.readLvar("L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH") -- get the state of the Lvar
    ipc.writeUW("66C0", a) -- save the state of the Lvar in the offset 0x66C0
    a = a + 1000 -- add 1000 not sure if this is the right place
    end

event.Lvar("L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH", 100, "Alt_Presel_inc") -- monitoring the Lvar

This is just writing the value of the lvar L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH to offset 0x66C0 each time the lvar value changes, as you are incrementing the value after writing it. If you just want to increment/decrement the lvar value by 1000, you don't want an event on the lvar... 

On 12/19/2022 at 1:48 AM, wif said:

At the moment, I trigger the file with a button press assignment via FSUIPC.  In the future I will running this with an rotary encoder via mobiflight. I do not clearly understand the parameter. I figured out, e.g. 5000 in the parameter field brings 5000 ft target altitude. In which form or style I have to fill in this value to make the 1000 increments with each button press or have I put the parameter value to the roatary encoder in the mobiflight assigment?

A rotary encoder normally uses either one or two buttons (one slow, one fast) in each direction, so is programmed the same as when using buttons. Or does it use an axis?

But I cannot help if assigning using MobiFlight - try the MobiFlight Discord channel for MobiFlight support.

John