The simFlight Network Forums

can't calibrate Goflight TQ6 throttle for msfs using FSUIPC 7

Bill Stewart

hello, I just recently installed windows 11 and I'm new to msfs 2020.  I'm having an issue with calibrating my throttle using fsuipc7.  I've made sure that msfs doesn't have any of the throttle axes mapped, but when I go into FSUIPC none of the throttle axes are detected.  I recall that is the way it worked for me before using windows 10 and p3dv4.   Is there any help you can provide?

Kind Regards

Bill

thank you for the quick response.  I did not have the driver installed.  I downloaded it but didn't know where to copy it.  So I copied into multiple locations: 

c:\fsuipc

msfs addons\fsuipc-lvar-module

msfs addons\fsuipc-lvar-module\modules

I then shut down msfs and loaded it up again.  still won't detect any of the axes.

Not sure if this will help, but here are some files that I see others provide you.  thanks

Edited by Bill Stewart

32 minutes ago, Bill Stewart said:

I did not have the driver installed.  I downloaded it but didn't know where to copy it.

It goes in the FSUIPC installation folder. If you don't know where that is, use the File -> Open Installation folder option in FSUIPC7. Once it is installed, restart FSUIPC7 to get it loaded.

msfs addons\fsuipc-lvar-module

msfs addons\fsuipc-lvar-module\modules

Why? Remove it from there.

Not sure if this will help, but here are some files that I see others provide you.

No, doesn't help - you need to install the driver.

John

ok, so I deleted the copies that were in those other locations ( i had them there because I couldn't remember what folder it needs to be in)  but left it in the install folder which i confirmed via the open install folder option.  Still doesn't detect anything.   FYI, the throttles do work if I have them mapped in MSFS to the throttle 1 & 2 axis.   But I want to be able to calibrate via FSUIPC as well as use FSUPIC for setting flap detents.

Then show me/attach your FSUIPC7.log file. Finishing now for the evening...check the driver is loaded and see if your device is detected...

I recall that is the way it worked for me before using windows 10 and p3dv4.

It works the same way with MSFS and FSUIPC7 as with P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5/6....

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

Your log shows that 9 Go Flight devices were detected, including the TQ6:

281 Using "C:\FSUIPC7\GFDEV64.DLL", version 2.2.8.0
      281 GoFlight GFP8 detected: 2 devices
      281 GoFlight GFT8 detected: 2 devices
      281 GoFlight GF166 detected: 2 devices
      281 GoFlight GFMCP detected: 1 device 
      281 GoFlight GFRP48 detected: 1 device 
      281 GoFlight GFTQ6 detected: 1 device 

However, there is something strange going on with the registry, as the TQ6 is being allocated a joystick id of 1, which is also allocated to a Gamepad F310, which itself is initially identified as an Xbox 360 controller. Do you have a xbox 360 or a gamepad F310 controller?

Could you also please show me your FSUIPC7.ini - we can first try changing the id's there, bur if that doesn't work we will need to clean your registry.

A couple of other things:
   - you are using version 7.3.15. The latest version is 7.3.16 - please update
   - please always exit FSUIPC7 before attaching a log or ini file.

Thanks,

John

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I have a problem analog with my modules GoFlight dans MSFS 2020. 

My MSFS 2020 see TQ6 but I can’t calibrate it. 
the levels are not recognize. 
is a DLL missing and where is it?

Do you know why my modules are not recognize. 
i have GF Config2, FSUIPC 7, Goflight interface tool. 
Thank’s.