The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS Crashes when using FSUIPC "clr.dll"

MarcM

Hello guys

I am totally new to the forum so perhaps this issue has been addressed already.

I am using FSUPC to extract the GPS data (GPS Out) via com port to a third party device and lately when I use MSFS with FSUPC it ends up crashing eventually. Times may vary between minutes or half an hour to an hour.

When running MSFS without running FSUPC have yet to see a crash, so far I left it running for 2 days straight without any issues.

I am running Windows 11Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 18 Core(s), 36 Logical Processor(s)
Name    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

When checking the event manager this is what I get:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c56d8f
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.9105.0, time stamp: 0x632272c6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000005f8d90
Faulting process id: 0x0x5DCC
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D937E1ED29AAB5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 75b82e5c-702c-4d39-9118-6442ead5f816
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I attached a txt file from the event manager.

Any help related to this will be really appreciated.

Kind regards 

Marc

MSFS_crash.txt

There have been many reports of FSUIPC7 causing MSFS to crash, and my response is always the same: FSUIPC7 is a separate executable, running in a separate process, and in no way should be able to cause MSFS to crash. It communicates to MSFS via the SimConnect API, provided by MSFS, and so if there is an issue here it is also an issue for Microsoft / Asobo.

There is just no way or possibility for me to debug or look into an MSFS crash.

FSUIPC7 does include the FSUIPC WASM module which runs in the simulator, but the whole point of a WASM is that it is sandboxed and so should also not cause MSFS to crash either.

I can only suggest two things:
    - enable SimConnect logging and see if you get any SimConnect errors reported - this may give you a hint as to what the issue is
    - raise a CTD issue with Asobo

Sorry I can't be of any more help with this.

John