The simFlight Network Forums

Does FSUIPC support PFC legacy serial controls running MSFS 40th Anniversary from the Steam library?

jxvot

Hello...

I have an legacy PFC 9 pin serial quadrant (with internal toggle switch) yoke and rudder controls that I would like to use with MSFS 40th Anniversary Edition...

Question...Before I purchase...does FSUIPC support PFC legacy serial controls using MSFS 40th Anniversary running from the Steam library?

I do not see it listed... only up thru FS2020...unless I'm missing something 🙂

I understand that the PFC.dll would also be needed...

FYI... Using a serial to USB adapter (Keyspan) I am getting serial communication working with PFC controls running X-Plane   

... thanks...   jt

10 hours ago, jxvot said:

Question...Before I purchase...

Please try the trial license before purchasing, available here.

does FSUIPC support PFC legacy serial controls using MSFS 40th Anniversary running from the Steam library?

I do not see it listed... only up thru FS2020...unless I'm missing something 🙂

I cannot advise on what PFC devices are supported (you need to try them). The MSFS 40th Anniversary edition is just the latest release of MSFS2020, which is supported by FSUIPC7. All versions of this are referred to as MSFS2020 (or just MSFS), to distinguish it from FSX. Also, as your question is related to FSUIPC7 / MSFS, you posted in the wrong forum - there is a specific sub-forum for FSUIPC7/MSFS. I will move your post there.

I understand that the PFC.dll would also be needed...

FYI... Using a serial to USB adapter (Keyspan) I am getting serial communication working with PFC controls running X-Plane   

You probably need to use the PFCcom64.dll, and without the serial to USB adaptor. If using the adaptor, you could try the PFChid64.dll,
There are different drivers for com and usb devices - not sure if they work when using an adaptor though, you will need to try this.

John

Thanks John for the quick response... 

Communication with the PFC gear now is recognized

License purchase on its way...

Sorry, I jump the gun... about posting in the wrong forum...also after spending time and reading your documentation you cover almost every noob question... well written...my mistake was not reading it first... 🙂