The simFlight Network Forums

Change frequency button

Hi,

For the last couple of hours I've been digging through all the FCUIPC settings to find the button that changes the frequency. Without any luck. Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is setting keyboard button 'X' to change the frequency on COM1 in 'Key Presses'.

I have looked on Google to find anything, but nothng. That's why I'm turning here.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. 

Edited by iMoveQuick

21 minutes ago, iMoveQuick said:

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is setting keyboard button 'X' to change the frequency on COM1 in 'Key Presses'.

How are you expecting to change the COM1 frequency with a single button press? Usually you would assign keys to inc and dec the existing frequency, using either the standard slow inc/dec controls COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC, COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC_CARRY or COM_RADIO_WHOLE_INC (got inc, with similar controls available for decrement). See the auto-generated text document Controls List for ... which will be in your FSUIPC documents folder. If you want to set (i.e. hardcode) a specific frequency yo a ley press (which is a strange thing to want to do!), you can use the COM_RADIO_SET control

25 minutes ago, iMoveQuick said:

In P3D v4 I I've had 1 key binding in FSUIPC with changed the frequency with all aircraft.

Then it should be the same key binding in P3Dv5. If you are upgrading from P3Dv4 to P3Dv5, you can use the same ini file, although it will need renaming if you also update from FSUIPC5 to FSUIPC6.

27 minutes ago, iMoveQuick said:

Possibly it's another trigger, so below I have a link/screenshot showing you which button I mean. 

I can't read what that button says - is it the button to switch standby to active? If so, then use the Com Stby Radio Swap control.

No - that control should be the one you need. Can you please activate logging for Buttons & Keys as well as Events (non-axis controls), and generate a short log file showing your issue - i.e. load an aircraft and press the assigned key to switch com1 active/standby, then click the button in the VC that does this, then exit the FS and show me/attach your FSUIPC ini and log files.