The simFlight Network Forums

Profile specific?

kaha

With an aircraft loaded that has profile specific controls defined I want to define an additional control that is not profile specific, in contrary it should be available for all aircraft. 

Now, bringing up the Button Assignment window the checkbox "Profile specific?" is checked and greyed out. How can I uncheck?

Karl

19 hours ago, kaha said:

Now, bringing up the Button Assignment window the checkbox "Profile specific?" is checked and greyed out. How can I uncheck?

Are you sure about this? The "Profile Specific?" checkbox is only checked and greyed-out in the Axis assignment dialog, not the Button assignment dialog. You can still add a general assignment to a button if using a profile, as long as there is not already a profile-specific assignment on that button.

John

Of course you are right, John, it's the axis assignment window. Here is my use case:

I connected hardware potis to change the cockpit light in the Cessna 310. For this I made some profile specific axis assignments (see attached screenshot) and then set the appropriate cockpit lighting in a lua script. This works.

Now I want to utilize those potis for other aircraft as well. Therefor I need to get rid of the profile specific nature of the axis assignment.

The corresponding lua code is in the attached file lua.txt.

Karl

AxisAssignment.png

lua.txt

Once a profile exists for an aircraft, you cannot change axis assignments back to general assignments.
Either load an aircraft that does not have a profile assigned and duplicate your assignments (i.e. add again) to get it into the general assignments, or copy across the assignment from the profile specific axes section of your FSUIPC7.ini to the general axis section, making sure that the index number of the assignment line is unique. If you do this, make sure that FSUIPC7 is not running, or you have the axes assignment dialog window open and then click the Reload all assignments button once you have saved the updated ini file.

John 

Please attach your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files, not screenshots.
And check if your lua file is running - if it was started from a profile-specific [Auto.xxx] section, you will also have to move that to be started in the general [Auto] section.
Also,  the lua you attached had extension .txt - it should be .lua.

John 

Your log file shows that you are using the aircraft
    8563 Aircraft="Milviz 310R DIRFT"

And this is using the following profile:

[Profile.C310]
1=Milviz 310R CGTER
2=Milviz 310R DIRFT

[Axes.C310]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=BS,256,F,66162,66163,66164,66165    -{ TO SIM: COWLFLAP1_SET, COWLFLAP2_SET, COWLFLAP3_SET, COWLFLAP4_SET }-
1=CZ,256,F,67110,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1 }-
2=CR,256,F,67103,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1 }-

General axis assignments are NOT inherited. They are copied to a profile when you create the profile (unless you decide not to do this).
If you want to use these general axis assignments in existing profiles, you need to copy them to the axes profile sections.
Only button and key assignments are inherited, not axes assignments.

John