The simFlight Network Forums

Restarting FSUIPC7 does not start Auto Lua Scripts and ...

Mr.Rick

Hi There,

I have the following in my FSUIPC7.ini:

[LuaFiles]
1=ipcready
2=LaapATCv2.1
3=fuel_select
4=Announcements\callouts

[Auto] 
1=lua LaapATCv2.1
2=lua Announcements\callouts

and there are two issues:

1.  #4 in [LuaFiles] does not show up when in FSUIPC7 Assignments/Keypresses and using the dropdown to assign a keystroke to start that lua file, presumably it doesn't like the subfolder, however it does start the same script in the [Auto] section
  2. Complimenting the above I was testing this and have found that if I restart FSUIPC7 when I am in "Ready To Fly" mode, none of the [Auto] lua scripts will start.  I have attached two FSUIPC7.log files, one where I start FSUIPC at the menu before you go to the plane and the other when in Ready to Fly mode.

Cheers, Rick

fs7-ReadyToFly.txt fs7-InMenu.txt

3 hours ago, Mr.Rick said:

#4 in [LuaFiles] does not show up when in FSUIPC7 Assignments/Keypresses and using the dropdown to assign a keystroke to start that lua file, presumably it doesn't like the subfolder, however it does start the same script in the [Auto] section

You should NOT manually update the [LuaFiles] section. This section is maintained by FSUIPC and is the list of the lua files in your installation folder, or in the folder specified by the LuaPath ini parameter (which goes under [LuaFiles]). All your lua files must be in the same folder, not under sub-folders, or they will not be recognised by FSUIPC. They will, however, be auto-started, but they should really not be in a sub-folder.

3 hours ago, Mr.Rick said:

Complimenting the above I was testing this and have found that if I restart FSUIPC7 when I am in "Ready To Fly" mode, none of the [Auto] lua scripts will start.  I have attached two FSUIPC7.log files, one where I start FSUIPC at the menu before you go to the plane and the other when in Ready to Fly mode.

The log file you attached is incomplete (i.e. FSUIPC was still running) - please always exit FSUIPC before attaching logs.

You are using a very old version of FSUIPC7 - 7.3.10. The latest and only supported version is 7.3.17 - please update and try again. There was a fix for this issue in the 7.3.11 update:

FSUIPC7 v7.3.11 released on 5th October 2022 contains the following changes:
  - corrected preset loading in certain situations and when WAPI not enabled in ini
  - added CAMERA STATE simvar to offset 0x026D (1-Byte) for read-only
  - threads, including WideServer, now no longer started until aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly for the first time
  - lua [Auto] scripts now started when FSUIPC7 started and MSFS already running with aircraft loaded

John