The simFlight Network Forums

Key assigment??

Hi!

I want to ask you for some advice, so maybe I can fix an issue I'm having with an Aerosoft A320. The fact is that when I take off from Madrid-Barajas airport, the landing gear doesn't retract. But to avoid this to happen in other airports, I'd like to ask yopu if getting a full version of FSUIPC (actually I'm running 4.97 unregistered) I'd be able to modify some key settings to make the landing gear works.

I have tried to change the default key (G) and assign others but nothing. And made some other configs (departing from other airport, connected and disconnected from Ivao, using TeamSpeak, using ALtitude......) and the failure is always in Madrid-Barajas.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nacho

I really can't see how a key assignment can work at some locations and not others - this just doesn't make sense.

29 minutes ago, nachoc25 said:

I'd like to ask yopu if getting a full version of FSUIPC (actually I'm running 4.97 unregistered) I'd be able to modify some key settings to make the landing gear works.

I cannot really advise as I don't have this aircraft, although other posts indicate that landing gear assignments work for this aircraft, e.g. see 

You can also use FSUIPC's logging facilities to see what events are being sent - activate logging for Events (non-axis controls) and open the logging console, and see what, if any, events are logged when you retract the landing gear using the VC. Then see if you get the same event with your key assignment (you can also activate logging for Buttons & Keys).

John

Thanks, John.

I'm going to check it with the Logging console to check if something happen when I press G. And I'm also going to try to retract gear with the VC lever. Despite I always use VC, I always retract the landing gear pressing G.

As you said, it makes no sense that it works at some locations and others don't. That's why I'm quite desperate.

Hi again!

This is what I got from logging console (button and key operations):

Sin título.jpg

Picture is unable to see. This is what I got

KEYUP: VK=71 Waiting=0 

KEYDOWN: VK=71, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0

.. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS

And so on every time I press the G key.

Edited by nachoc25

Well, guys.

After yesterday's tests, I have reach a conclussion: The failure is the default flight loaded at FSX startup. This is what leads me to that thought:

Load the default flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery on. Make all the preflight, program MCDU, etc. Take off. Landing gear does not retract.

Load the default flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery off. Make all the preflight, program MCDU, etc. Take off. Landing gear does not retract.

Load another flight at LEAS default scenery. Make all the preflight, program MCDU, etc. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Load another flight at EIDW with Mega Airport on. Make all the preflight, program MCDU, etc. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Load another flight at LEST default scenery. Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Load another flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery on. Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Exit FSX

Open FSX again.

Load the default flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery on. Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does not retract.

Load another flight at LEST default scenery. Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Exit FSX

Open FSX again.

Load a flight at LEMD with Mega Airport scenery on (but not the default flight). Set the A320 at Take off ready. Take off. Landing gear does retract.

Exit FSX

So what do you think? I'm going to make a final test today loading the same situation as the default flight (same airport, same gate, cold&dark....) and see what happen.

If it works, then I'll delete the default flight and start a new flight everytime I take off from Madrid.

Regards!

13 hours ago, nachoc25 said:

This is what I got from logging console (button and key operations):

Please attach your FSUIPC4.log file, not screenshots.

13 hours ago, nachoc25 said:

This is what I got

KEYUP: VK=71 Waiting=0 

KEYDOWN: VK=71, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=0

.. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS

And so on every time I press the G key.

This is as expected, as you are using an unregistered version and don't have any assignments in FSUIPC. However, if the G key is assigned in FSX, you should see the event (with Event (non-axis controls) activated) once processed by FSX.

25 minutes ago, nachoc25 said:

So what do you think? I'm going to make a final test today loading the same situation as the default flight (same airport, same gate, cold&dark....) and see what happen.

If it works, then I'll delete the default flight and start a new flight everytime I take off from Madrid.

This seems strange, but does seem to be related to your default scenario. Try deleting that and saving a new scenario and make that the default, to see if this resolves the problem.

John

Hi John!

After my last test yesterday, it's all about the default flight. If I load a new flight, there's  no any issue with the landing gear. So, as you say, I'd leave the FSX default flight (the one with the trike) and load a new one each time.

Thanks!!

Nacho

Ok, thanks for the update. If I remember correctly, there have always been some issues with a plane being loaded from a default flight, but this was mainly reported from using more complex add-on aircraft, You could try switching aircraft after the default flight is loaded, and then switching back to the preferred one - I think this was the recommended solution as I remember, or switching to the preferred aircraft after a default flight is loaded with a different aircraft.

But use whatever method works best for you!

Cheers,

John